Thread: Where to camp for the 4th?

Default Where to camp for the 4th?

New to the area and wondering where to camp at for the fourth. We are a young couple with a 30' tow behind. Trying not to be off the beaten path, hike and be on the water around Fairbanks. We are willing to drive 200 miles one way.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Righteyeblind View Post
    New to the area and wondering where to camp at for the fourth. We are a young couple with a 30' tow behind. Trying not to be off the beaten path, hike and be on the water around Fairbanks. We are willing to drive 200 miles one way.
    Thanks in advance.
    The denali highway is nice. go to paxson and head in. First 20 miles paved and stay at tangle lakes. Unhook trailer and explore. Great hiking, great fishing.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

The Denali highway is horrible. Do not go anywhere near it on the Fourth (just kidding). We are leaving early so we can get our spot near the middle of the highway. The last couple years we've had to keep looking and I thought I'd never say that about the Denali Highway.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Was really hoping that the store would be open this 4th, as I am on vacation and will be needed supplies. Rats just my luck...
    (be safe and have fun bud)
    I give thanks to the vetrans, as they have aided in my priviledge to hunt and fish the great State of AK. and alow me to sleep safely at night.

Just closed the 4th... open the 3rd and 5th of course Eric gets to deal with it..I'll be gone on the 2nd...
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Thanks guys. Any other ideas