Thread: Clear Creek.

Default Clear Creek.

Had very good luck there today. Left anchorage at 5am and back in anchorage at 4pm. plus 3 kings. Injoy the pic..

congrats, good looking kings!
    were you floatin' eggs or what?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

lets put it this way i didn't make any freinds today at clear king. I was next to a guide and watched for a bit then deicided on my move and we'll I sure there was some one there that looks at this site anyways me and the two poeple in the boat 13 hook up 3 landed. I had one in my frist cast and 3 more after that before I landed on. There on the bottom. I will say I'm sorry to the guide as I borrowed something from him and went to town infront of his clients that weren't hooking up sorry. 30 min later we done. I gave it back too....

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    congrats, good looking kings!
    were you floatin' eggs or what?

whats the "secret"?

Default Clear Creek

Wow, good job Mike! I'll admit that given the rainstorm the last couple of nights here in Trapper Creek we decided to bag it this morning (a drop for bank fishing, though) and are furiously rethinking things big time....

The water looks surprising good, any thoughts on that and how it's shaping up for this week? We usually have no problem fishing here (bring the whole tackle box) but the rumors of high garbage-laden muddy water was the factor in not going last night or this morning. How'd the bank crowd do?

Anyway, congrats again!

Talking

I fished the river 5 times between the 3rd and the 14th and we hammered them. I'm tagged out for kings this year. We fought 20 kings and landed 14. 2 were over 40. Most were between 25-37. Not really sure why folks aren't gettin' em. They're there and the run was getting stronger by the time we finished on the 14th. This weekend should be good "if" the run has been late. We picked them up from the bank and out in the boat. Good times...

I havent fished clear yet how/where do you go to get a ride over there?

Quote Originally Posted by a0298 View Post
    I havent fished clear yet how/where do you go to get a ride over there?
    Call Mahay's or Tri-River Charters.

Default Tuesday morning

Sat in a boat off and waited with plugs all morning without a takedown. There were a few fish caught at the mouth, about one per hour. If you were willing to shoulder in and do the dance, you had a good chance of hooking into a nice king. We were not. The Talkeetna was up pretty high and/or clear creek was low. The water mixed very soon after the mouth making the old dolly hole just another part of the muddy Talkeetna.

I have no doubt every day should get better, especially if the clear water extends down the bank a bit more.

So much for clear creek this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by salmon_bone View Post
    So much for clear creek this weekend
    Could be the perfect storm for a bloodbath in the last hurrah of an otherwise dismal king season in the valley.

That creek is gonna take a HUGE hit in light of the EO closing the rest of the Susitna tribs.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

so explain deshka this year then.

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    Could be the perfect storm for a bloodbath in the last hurrah of an otherwise dismal king season in the valley.

That creek is gonna take a HUGE hit in light of the EO closing the rest of the Susitna tribs.

Deshka is done.... it sucked.

What's to explain?

16K escapement is a joke.

If you could magically add back all the harvested fish, the total escapement would still be in the bottom half of the BEG.

When the entire pre-harvest runsize falls within the BEG, one could just as easily make the argument there was no harvestable surplus.

Look, nobody likes closures, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Leaving Clear Creek open will be something we eventually regret.

Hope to see the entire Su system bounce back, but it's gonna take some real balls to make it happen.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post

There is some definate method to the madness on this. The run up Clear and beyond needs to be whittled down. It is the only way to slow the commercial services from further development of the fishery. It has gotten way too much fishing pressure, especially with the local guys all figuring it out. A 15 minute boat ride to a fishing hole ain't gonna cut it long. Hopefully the groups will take full advantage of the run for the next couple of weeks.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I wish someone would go up clear creek to the "Y" with some dynomite and blow the passage around the top open again so it was like it was 5 years ago and later. everybody could spread out along the bank and all catch kings.
    The trout fishing was phenomenal on the top side and the reds holed up under the creek that comes down the top side that the name is totally escaping me right now.
    Used to be sooo much better
    Justin