Thread: What happened to saturdays 8 PM tunnel?

Default What happened to saturdays 8 PM tunnel?

I was the first boat in line (just missed the 7 PM tunnel) I can't see directly behind me so I have no idea whats going on unless I can wiggle the trailer a little.

I came out of the tunnel and didnt see anybody behind me, even when I got to the highway I didnt see anybody.

I checked my rig to see if anything fell off and blocked traffic but I can't find anything wrong.

BTW I got skunked, fishing jumping all around us, but not biting no matter what we tried, must have been sockeye.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Sure sounds strange. But it happens. I've been the only fare once or twice. Sure is nice to have open road ahead of you when you hit the highway, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

But there were at least 8 or 9 boats behind me waiting.

I was all paranoid that something had fallen off my boat or trailer that blocked traffic can't find anything missing though.

I guess it could have been a train they stopped traffic for to let through.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Maybe the guy behind you fell asleep?
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Default Don't know about the 8pm Saturday tunnel

but in the 5 pm Sunday tunnel, a motorhome towing a jeep had a problem. Apparently, the jeep didn't tow well, maybe the tracks caused it to sway, I'm not sure. In any case, he had to stop just a few hundred yards in, disconnect the jeep and put a driver in it to proceed. Delayed us for a few minutes, but not that big of a deal. I did notice a burned out SUV outside the Bear Valley entrance Sunday morning. Don't know how long it's been there, but I didn't notice it the previous weekend.

That is so strange, same thing happened to use on the 1100am Sunday tunnel. There were a couple of boats behind me and head lights on my tail. When I came out of the tunnel there was nothing behind me, all the way past the pay booth still no vehicles. Thought I had dropped something also. We pulled over to finish securing things, a couple minutes went by and vehicles started going by.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Maybe the guy right behind you hadn't secured everything as well as he might like, so he went particularly slow to be sure HE didn't drop anything.

Not that I've ever been that guy...

Maast,

I was the boat directly behind you. I was a little behind you but not too far as you left the tunnel. Since I was a little behind you, I thought that I may have driven too slow, however upon leaving the tunnel, I did not see anyone behind me. It was good talking to you while waiting for the tunnel to open.