Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Fly-out day trips for salmon....

  1. #1
    Member mossyhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Woodland, Washington
    Posts
    866

    Default Fly-out day trips for salmon....

    I'm looking for a good outfit to fly out across the inlet from Anchorage for a day trip. My brother is flying up from Oregon and I want to take him for a good day of fishing, away from the crowds here locally. It'll be his first experience in Alaska and my first time flying out. We just want to get after Reds and Silvers and rainbows too if we have the chance.

    The time period will be July 21st or the 22nd. We're looking for something inexpensive as things are a bit tight but we can handle a few hundred bucks. This would also be an unguided trip.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Member muzzyman87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    I want to take him for a good day of fishing, away from the crowds here locally.

    You can hike and be almost to your lonesome if your willing to put the effort into it.. But a plane ride would be sweet for your brother, if you really want to impress him.
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

  3. #3
    Member mossyhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Woodland, Washington
    Posts
    866

    Default

    He really wants to fish, and so do I, so I'm gonna pack his three days here with fishing. I thought we'd flyout for one day and fish for salmon. Then drive down and hike in to maybe Crescent lake for Grayling and then fish somewhere for Pinks or Dollys like Quartz, Ingram, or Hope? But I really would like to find a flyout deal for a day. I've seen a couple for $230-300 a person. I'm not really sure what river to hit.

  4. #4
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/akf...hing/15738.htm


    Take a look here Riley. George Riddle is a member here and knows that area well. Id shoot him a pm, as well as BrianM. They both know that area well. I think georges place is called blueberry lodge or something. Ill see if I can find it


    Here is georges place. He is very informative to talk with too

    http://www.blueberryislandlodge.com/
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

  5. #5
    Member 6XLeech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,162

    Default Rust's, Willow Air, Talon Air...

    These sources have trips I've looked at but haven't flown with them yet. In your situation, I would give them a call and maybe search the forums (click "Search", then "Advanced Search", then "Google search of outdoorsdirectory.com") for more:

    Willow Air:
    http://www.willowair.com/fishing/pages/frates.htm

    Rust's Flying Service:
    http://www.flyrusts.com/alaska-fly-in-fishing.html

    Talon Air:
    http://www.talonair.com/talfish.html

    Good luck.

  6. #6

    Question

    Your timing is BAD for good salmon on the west side. Have you considered a day trip for Pike? Cheap, lots of fish and plenty of action.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member mossyhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Woodland, Washington
    Posts
    866

    Default

    Ya, I'm finding that out. This was a last minute thing and it's the only time I had some time off of work so it fit into our schedules. We'll just do some fishing locally.

  8. #8
    Member alaskachuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Hey Riley If your looking to chase butts I can give your Marvins number from ebb tide. Great guy out of deep creek who I fish with. Let me know
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •