Thread: Achilles PSI ???

Default Achilles PSI ???

I bought an Achilles LSI-112, slightly used and without the owners manual. Does anyone know the PSI for the 5 chambers? The seem to remember the owner saying:

3 hull chambers 3.5 psi
    Tubular keel chamber 3.5 psi
    Full floor chamber 11.5 psi

But I'm not positive.

This boat does not have the wood or aluminum floor, just the inflatable floor.

As a general rule for inflatables and PSI, at least with the Zodiak and Avon I own(ed), is 3 to 4 PSI in the tubes not to exceed 4 PSI , the keel I ran around 2.5 PSI maybe a touch stiffer is performance suffered (rougher water conditions).

Both had hard floors though, so I cannot help with that spec. After some use and experience setting it up and time on the water you will get a good feel for how to manage the chamber pressures. Most importantly, do not over inflate... it is a real pain having to dismantle the boat to patch a blown keel chamber 30 miles from civilization .

BTW I ended up purchasing a foot pump with a built in PSI gauge, it made things quicker and simpler, eventually I could tell the PSI was correct ( or near enough) just by the sound of my hand slapping the tube.

Safe travels to you.

I have 3 pounds in all 5 chamber and it buzzes around real well with two adults. No porposing or floor waveyness. I was afraid to go more than 3 psi in the floor since I am a little gunshy on poping it. I'm pretty sure the floor can take more, and would like to know the maximum, since I plan on loading it heavy this fall. I do have the foot pump with a built in PSI gauge, and it goes up to (reads) 12 PSI...So obviously they intended for a guy to pump close to that. Thanks.

Link to website to download owners manual: http://www.achillesinflatables.com/downloads/

It is a large file at 7Mb. If you don't want to download this is what it says for inflation for the LSI series.

With pump in low pressure position inflate tubes to 2.8 psi. Using same position inflate floor to 2.8 psi. Then use high pressure side of pump and inflate floor to 8.7 psi. Use low pressure side of pump and inflate keel to 2.8 psi.

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thank you.