Thread: Factory Ammo prices?

Default Factory Ammo prices?

What is the deal with ammo prices lately? I was at a local store here in Anchorage yesterday and one box of .338 Federal Premium 250 grain Nosler Partition was priced at $52.99. It wasn't that long ago I was paying in the low to mid $30's for the same thing, and $20 something if I was willing to shot the Rem. Core Lokt. I'm not a reloader, but I may have to if I want to keep shooting my favorite gun.

Default Reloading is going up also

Besides the factory ammo, all reloading components are going up in price too. It is cheaper once you get past the initial investment. I figured out that it costs approximately $1.20 a piece for factory ammo in my .450 Marlin and $.58 to handload. Quite a big difference!

Price of most, if not all metals are soaring. Current blame is on the Chinese buying up everything they can get there hands on but who knows.
    It will only get worse in the coming years so stock up while you can.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by bigswede358 View Post
    Besides the factory ammo, all reloading components are going up in price too. It is cheaper once you get past the initial investment. I figured out that it costs approximately $1.20 a piece for factory ammo in my .450 Marlin and $.58 to handload. Quite a big difference!
    You are correct about that. For example, three years ago I could buy a box of 50 ea. 250-grain A-Frame bullets from Cabela's at $43.00 (or so). The same box of bullets is listed at the 2007 catalog for $52.99.

However, the same catalog still has Barnes 225-grain Triple-Shock for the .338 listed at $41.99. These cost at least $4.00 more at the local Sportsman Warehouse.