Thread: Campbell Creek Kids Day...

Default Campbell Creek Kids Day...

Anyone been out looking around Campbell creek for Kings this year? My boy and I spent a good portion of Thursday hiking up/down the creek with no spots of Kings, did however see a few reds. Last year had a few holes with a pile of em' in them but nothing this year. Just wanted to check and see if anyone else has seen any.

I havnt seen a thing either. I was looking forward to taking my boys down there tomorrow but looks like Ship for me.

Just walked Campbell creek by Dewies boat shop and spotted 7 kings in about 300 yds of walking. Saw two that were over 30 pounds. They were all hiding in the deepest holes underneath structure. ADF&G will be at Taku Campbell Park with rods to check out from 8:00 am-12:00pm. Fishing for kids 15 and under is open from 6am-10pm Sat. and Sun.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

We also have been scouting it out to bring my nephew but not a fish seen. with such a small run and the way all the other runs have been maybe there late to.

There sitting in Campbell Lake waiting for the water/temperature to come up.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Bait and multiple hooks allowed.

My kid is chomping at the bit to go walk the creek. Wish I were more of a fisherman at these times but we muddle through it.

We walked the creek from Victor to Minnesota. No hits.

Try again in the morning after high tide.

I don't think they're up to the Old Seward yet but I'm sure it doesn't help that the people trying to "reconstruct" the river bank behind one of the body shops over there have their excavators in the creek digging up the creek side. I'm no tree hugger but that kinda ticked me off because right where they were digging up was my favorite hole to c&r silvers when you're allowed to. Its right behind my work and a nice way to spend a lunch. I don't know if it will effect the trout or salmon but I'm sure it will have a little impact on it.

The only two fish i saw were the ones we caught my sister caught a 15lb one in i caught a 30+ lb king. We were the only ones to leave with a smile on our faces.

Congrads on the Kids catch, took my son out Sat. for about an hr and after picking through the Reds he got ahold of a King that was hungry, only about 20lbs but he had a blast...To bad Sunday was a bust, high water and raining. We still hit the 2 holes but nothing in them that day.

I know it was so washed out we couldn't even see the snags. Went through about 15 lures... too bad

Default Excavating in the stream?

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreCast View Post
    I don't think they're up to the Old Seward yet but I'm sure it doesn't help that the people trying to "reconstruct" the river bank behind one of the body shops over there have their excavators in the creek digging up the creek side. I'm no tree hugger but that kinda ticked me off because right where they were digging up was my favorite hole to c&r silvers when you're allowed to. Its right behind my work and a nice way to spend a lunch. I don't know if it will effect the trout or salmon but I'm sure it will have a little impact on it.
    If you were serious about that please report it at 343-4141 (m-f 8-5). It is very illegal to work in the streams unless it is a restoration project which has been thoroughly planned out!

Is the kids only fishing still in effect for the wekend? If so where on the creek would be a good spot to go. I have a 9 yr old son.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie to fly fishing View Post
    Is the kids only fishing still in effect for the wekend? If so where on the creek would be a good spot to go. I have a 9 yr old son.

Thanks
    Nope.... gotta wait till next year.

Thanks,

Guess we will hit ship's??????

Quote Originally Posted by ak_sierra View Post
    If you were serious about that please report it at 343-4141 (m-f 8-5). It is very illegal to work in the streams unless it is a restoration project which has been thoroughly planned out!
    I was serious, It had to be something the state planned out. They had quite a few people working back their for a couple days. We'll see what happens when the kings and silvers run through because they got rid of a really deep hole they generally hung out in. It should all be fine...maybe??

Angry C-Creek

I know the hole your talking about and think i ran into you last year.
    Its a shame. My son (6) loves nailing the fish there. It is nice and relaxing, with a mainly kids fishery. I guess he will have to understand with HOPE. Its alot of fun catching silvers outta there. Hope it pays off in the end.