I'm going on a once in a lifetime elk hunt down in Oregon this fall. I've never traveled with archery equipment before and I have some questions I hope to get answered. Any "lessons learned" from your adventures would also be greatly appreciated!!!
1. How do I best send my bow? Should I just pack it in its hard case and check it or am I better off to Fedex/UPS it?
2. I plan on bringing a sidearm (.357). Do I have to pack this seperately from the rest of my gear (on the plane that is, I know the federal regs on sending a firearm via USPS etc).
3. I am thinking about packing all my hunting gear into a Stanley Tuff box and checking it as my luggage as this affords quite a bit of security to my equipment. Has anyone ever done something like this before?
4. Should I carry on my electronics/optics?
5. When (okay, if) I tag a super bull (fingers crossed!) how do I get the rack back? Can I send it on the plane or do I have to get it boxed and Fedex'd/UPS'd?
I know that is a lot of questions but they are all kind of on the same subject. Any help on these issues would be super rad!!!
Thanks a ton!!!