Thread: Exhaust Manifolds Cracked & needing INFO

Default Exhaust Manifolds Cracked & needing INFO

Both of my Exhaust Manifolds are cracked almost in half, guess the guy who winterizes got me. What I would like help with is what will fit and hope where to get on a sort budget. Yes called around to the shops.
    It's a 1977 ? Volvo Penta which I have been told is the same as a 350 Chevy block? I'm working on getting them off to I can take and compare if I do fine. But info could help if I got to buy outside!
    So if some one has a pair to sell super, I want to get in the water some day this summer.
    428-4001

Quote Originally Posted by alaskapiranha View Post
    Both of my Exhaust Manifolds are cracked almost in half, guess the guy who winterizes got me. What I would like help with is what will fit and hope where to get on a sort budget. Yes called around to the shops.
    It's a 1977 ? Volvo Penta which I have been told is the same as a 350 Chevy block? I'm working on getting them off to I can take and compare if I do fine. But info could help if I got to buy outside!
    So if some one has a pair to sell super, I want to get in the water some day this summer.
    428-4001
    Give Cordova Outboard a call they might have something laying around. and or call Marine Exhaust Systems of Alabama 251-928-1234 (www.MESAMARINE.com)

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Default Got them

Thanks found a pair, lesson learned, check the work when someones says they winterized your boat for ya.

Default LOL

Thomas must of missed the thread to post too.
    but ended up still needing the manifold, other deal didn't work out.

Default Photo of what I'm looking for

It's heck being on a budget ( I'm just fixing it not my boat) but thought I'd add a photo of these puppys. Found some but they look different, same small block to head bolt pattern, has to be, it's just the cooling water part. Couldn't this be just rehosed for in & out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What are they made of? If cast iron they can be welded. Let your fingers do the walking for a shop that advertises for cast iron.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default Nope

Both split beyond welding they are sitting at a shop now, not happening

If you canít find one or not able to get it welded, you could consider making one. I had a exhaust manifold that I could not weld the crack no matter what I tried, it just kept cracking after it cooled. I end up spending less time making one than I spend trying to welded it.