Thread: Google Map with GPS coordinates

Default Google Map with GPS coordinates

Hi everybody, I came across a link someone had posted on here awhile back. It went to a Google Map with a cursor that when held over a spot the GPS coordinates were instantly shown. At the time I just thought it was neat as I didn't have a GPS. Now I have an old GPS with hardly any options and I want to plot waypoints on the Little Su manually. I'm pretty sure it was on the Canoe forum, but it may have been on one of the others. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The search function wasn't much help. Thanks

This one isn't google, but I think it's pretty cool. You can go from just map to topo and many other settings, it does give the Gps you are looking for. Try it and I'd like to hear how it works for you. http://mapper.acme.com/

Default Yep

Thanks Power Drifter that is it almost exactly! The only difference is the mouse cursor brought up the coordinates instead of the crosshairs. This is just as good though. It will take me awhile to input data, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Default cool

Powerdrifter, that is really cool. Amazing especially when you use the satellite version and zoom in on your own house, or the last camping spot you were at. Thanks alot, points sent. Mark

Default Anti Vibration Gloves

Thanks Power Drifter that is it almost exactly!This is just as good though.Thanks for sharing ...

Default Usgs

Awhile back I posted some good newbie guides to accessing complete USGS topo maps online for free that were geospatially enabled.

This means that you can click anywhere and easily get coordinates to quickly input to your GPS and then just go there. Works for me to something like a quarter mile plus or minus, which is likely just my own click-miss-distance, which is pretty good to find and get to a spot you're a few hundred miles from initially.

Sorry I don't have a link; its on one of these forums here. PM me and I'll look it up if you need.