Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kASILOF PROTECTION/ A MUST READ

Thumbs up kASILOF PROTECTION/ A MUST READ

Ladies and gentlemen, I am posting to ask that all of you that are planning to go to the mouth of the Kasilof, PLEASE, PLEASE... do not drive or camp on the dunes. One member who was out on the North shore yesterday said people were driving and camping all over the grasses. We might not have time to put up temporary fencing this year, due to time constraints from DNR, but... a little cooperation and knowledge passed around can be a good thing. Please pass this message on to friends and family and ask that they respect the habitat.
    I am planning on getting a flyer together, explaining why the dunes are so important and asking that people stay off of them. Is there anybody expecting to be there this season and would be willing to help pass these out on windshields and such? PM me and I will arrange to get some to you.
    Good luck and hope to see you guys down there this weekend.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default I will

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    I am planning on getting a flyer together, explaining why the dunes are so important and asking that people stay off of them. Is there anybody expecting to be there this season and would be willing to help pass these out on windshields and such?
    I am willing, heading out not this weekend but next, and I will spread'm around as you ask.

We need to police ourselves before others do. Its one or the the other I think. And policing ourselves will be less painful.

What about driving on that established vehicle path that is beyond the high tide mark on south beach? Is that good or bad?

Default Sign me up

Probably be there 2nd weekend in July. I still want my official SCADA windbreaker and hat. Maybe an armband, too.

~tr

Default HEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    Probably be there 2nd weekend in July. I still want my official SCADA windbreaker and hat. Maybe an armband, too.

~tr
    whop, are you holdin' out on me????

Default That road thru the dunes was originally grass

PEOPLE JUST MADE A ROAD OUT OF WHAT WAS ONCE VEGETATION. We would ask everyone to drive on the beach only. After the fence goes up, you will be on the beach only. Sorry to say.
    Familyman, TR just wants to be first in line when I do strike it rich and get to order some. TR still has something about hall patrol from second grade and he just can't get it out from under his skin. A SCADA vest just might help his malady.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Default Roger that Whop

~tr

Default What does the SCADA t shirt say?

While this is worthy of its own thread, I'll just reply here. How 'bout:

SCADA
    Beach Guardian

And on the back:
    Ask me how you too can help!

Whop, if ya got an 800 number by then, we can add that.

Default How's this?

25 of these will cost $328, or $13.12 each at UberPrints.com

~tr

Default I love it!

~tr
    A few comments:

1) Wow. Very, very nice. The layout, the content, the cool G with the underhanging thing... Plus combined with the present logo... Did I mention... Wow.

2) Sign me up for 2, right now. Even if whop won't buy an 800 number.

3) Your math is wrong. According to your math, you have to buy your own and that ain't right. I take back my offer to order two unless yours and whop's are gratis. Which means we only need 21 more people to say yes.

4) Uh........................ Does uberprints.com make an XXXL ?

Again, wow.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

~tr
    check out some of the deals at Vista Print.com... we get package deals for our business there all the time... it iskind of hard to beat some of the prices

as for Kasilof protection... I promise to DO MY PART AGAIN THIS YEAR, and avoid it like i have every other year i have been here
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thumbs up vistaprint.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    check out some of the deals at Vista Print.com... we get package deals for our business there all the time... it is kind of hard to beat some of the prices
    I second the vistaprint.com kudos. I've bought from them many times (never t shirts though) and every single time they were cheap and perfect.

I likely would have thought of them too, except I was just too excited to see gr8fl's design and responded right away. gr8 call, Vince.

Can you put that on raincoats instead? Rare that it's t-shirt weather while dipping.

And what about my question?

Quote Originally Posted by TR View Post
    What about driving on that established vehicle path that is beyond the high tide mark on south beach? Is that good or bad?

To TR: look down at response #6, he did answer your question.

PEOPLE JUST MADE A ROAD OUT OF WHAT WAS ONCE VEGETATION. We would ask everyone to drive on the beach only. After the fence goes up, you will be on the beach only. Sorry to say.
    Familyman, TR just wants to be first in line when I do strike it rich and get to order some. TR still has something about hall patrol from second grade and he just can't get it out from under his skin. A SCADA vest just might help his malady.
    Thanks Quakinator, didn't catch that.

Whop, which TR are you talking about?

TR-me (Tim)
    tr-gr8fl (Tony)

Default SCADA Kasilof Booth

Hey Whop,
    How about setting up an information booth on both banks of the Kasilof? Besides educating the dune-ruiners, you can sell SCADA wear, memberships, and bumper stickers.

BTW, TR, he was trashin' me not you. I may have to run the mighty WaveEater by him and fill his waders.

~tr

Default Rotflmao

You guys are killing me!!! Coffee out the nose and onto my keyboard!!!
    No need to fill my waders now!!!! Did it to myself
    Last edited by thewhop2000; 06-27-2010 at 13:52. Reason: Just cause I can, that's why

Default save the barley pops

No need to fill my waders now!!!! Did it to myself
    Ya need to save the barley pops until AFTER the day's dipping is done; the two just don't mix!

Ok, glad it wasn't me. Wondering if I drunk PM'd him or somethin'.

I saw very few people driving on the dunes this weekend at south beach. Were some tenters in the grass though. The gravel pit at the end of the road is blocked off now. Posted private property. No more free RV camping there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast