Thread: Looking to trade a ride

Default Looking to trade a ride

There are several of us here in the Soldotna and Kenai area that get together every other week and ride for the day. (Every other week because of our work schedule) We were talking about coming up to Anchorage or Palmer area and riding for the day and possibly camping over night (to save on a hotel). Then we thought why not see if a group of you could take us out on the trails in your area and you could come down this way and we could run you on some of ours a week or two later. Is there anyone intrested in this on the forum? I know we are coming on the fishing season and a lot of people adjust their focus from riding to fishing this time of year. Just a thought, Let me know if there is any interest.

Sounds good, what weekend were you planning on coming up.

Ya, what weekend are you planning on coming up. I would be willing to play ATV tour guide depending on what weekend it would be. I get every other weekend off. We are headed to Eureka for the July 4th weekend. Tons of riding up there.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Muddy, we may see you up there that weekend. I have to "babysit" Friday until noon. We may try to get up there after that.

H
    Originally Posted by BIGBOB
    Estimate of time of death appears to be same day he died.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHinER View Post
    Muddy, we may see you up there that weekend. I have to "babysit" Friday until noon. We may try to get up there after that.

H
    Cool man!!! We will be in the big gravel pit on the south side of the hwy. I will have my Keystone Raptor 5th wheel and of course you know my quad. I will also have my Rhino. Stop by!!! I am headed up on Thursday and will be there until Monday.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Mrgrizz, where do you and your friends work? Me and my friends also work week on week off( in cook inlet), and do rides together when we can. Maybe we can get together sometime.

keystone YUK! them things are made like junk, simmons rv used to sell them.
    Semper Fi!

Default Muddy??

Now I know you are generally above replying to such comments but if you can come up with a funny enough comment that might even make light of someones branch of the military I will click on your rep points scale till my finger bleeds

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    keystone YUK! them things are made like junk, simmons rv used to sell them.
    You crack me up. I bought my Raptor in late 2005 as a 2006 year model. When we bought our 5th wheel there were virtually none up here on the roads of Alaska. Now, they are the majority of all toy hauler 5th wheels in Alaska. Keystone happens to be the largest RV manufacturer in the United States. If they suck that bad how come they are so popular?

We have put tons of miles on ours and have had no major issues at all. We did have the DVD player replaced under warranty after our first trip out. Since then, it has had zero down time. I bought mine from Valley RV and they have been great.

I might hold your opinion in a little higher regard if I thought you had ever actually owned a Keystone Raptor. Until I see otherwise, I will assume you are just offering up an ill-informed opinion based on nothing more than you not having anything else to add to the conversation.

2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Quote Originally Posted by gymer99 View Post
    Now I know you are generally above replying to such comments but if you can come up with a funny enough comment that might even make light of someones branch of the military I will click on your rep points scale till my finger bleeds
    No need to make fun of the Marines. I have too many friends that are Marines and they wouldn't get the joke anyway.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

Quote Originally Posted by AKMuddy View Post
    No need to make fun of the Marines. I have too many friends that are Marines and they wouldn't get the joke anyway.

I know because i was the guys stuck doing all the warranty work on them keystone products. trust me they are a polished turd. they sell allot because they are cheap cheap cheap compared to a good quality travel trailer, and the dealer markup is large.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    I know because i was the guys stuck doing all the warranty work on them keystone products. trust me they are a polished turd. they sell allot because they are cheap cheap cheap compared to a good quality travel trailer, and the dealer markup is large.
    Well, I must have got a good turd then...I have put enough miles on it to need to replace the tires and have not had any repairs needed yet other than the DVD replacement. I have a few friends with other keystone products and they are happy too.

Forest River is the only brand I have seen any issues with in my experience.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

AK Muddy I also have many friends that are marines and not only would they not get that joke but they call on their ARMY INFANTRY buddies to read it to them. However they do seem to shoot pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgrizz44 View Post
    AK Muddy I also have many friends that are marines and not only would they not get that joke but they call on their ARMY INFANTRY buddies to read it to them. However they do seem to shoot pretty well.
    Ok, I have tons of Army friends as well but that is funny
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660

well anyhow, if you ever need help fixing it let me know i can help out.
    Semper Fi!

I didnt mean to be so late in replying guys. My friends and myself work at the prison in Kenai. They were all interested in setting this up so we will have to throw some dates out there and see if we could make this thing work.