Thread: driveway premits and a question for someone

Default driveway premits and a question for someone

ok guys here a simple question for someone ..how much is a driveway premit

second question is . if someone has already a driveway going out to the road can i tap into the road that is allready there

Permit costs depend on the municipality, where are you building?

If the existing driveway is on a platted right of way, then yes, you can T into it. If the driveway is on private property, then no, you cannot access it without trespassing. If it's a trail across public land, I suppose you can use it until someone kicks you off.

the reason behind me asking the question was the person who owns the land beside me said it was stupid to pay for a permit to put in a driveway when his driveway is all most in the same area and he basic said to cut into his and just help with the cost of keeping up the gravel road ..

basically all i have to do is put a basic gravel road to the cabin site and then cut into his entance and be done with it.. him and i have been talking about it and just make more sense to cut into the road that all ready there..

thank you for the info

And when he sells his property to cranky joe, you might have to start over, or if his property gets forclosed on, etc. What ever you do get it in writting and "RECORD" it. Another thought, if you need to sell, your property may not have legal access. At the very least I would "GO" talk to DOT, and maybe also a title company.

Default shared driveways

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    Another thought, if you need to sell, your property may not have legal access.
    Good realtors get real edgy recommending properties with shared driveways, if you were to ever sell.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Good realtors get real edgy recommending properties with shared driveways, if you were to ever sell.

As do Bankers, Lenders, Title Insurance Co.. There could also be an issue if someone got hurt or killed on the common part, as to shared liability.

thank you for the info

Good fences make for good neighbors.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Ask Co2Ak about her driveway and neighbor experiences
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

It is common here on Lazy Mountain to shire the part of driveways that is on the road easement, I see it all over. Lot A has driveway in south-east corner, lot B has driveway on north-east corner, and they come together just before going onto the roadway.

If you are tying in on his land you need an easement from him properly drown up and recorded then be very sure the work you do is within the easement lines. If he is willing to give you an easement for free it may be worth thinking about, easements have $ value and would be like getting land for free. The the best bet considering he lives next door is to just say thanks but no thanks. If you do it you can bet someone will be mad at someone for something over it sooner or later. Who plows, grades, mows, someone did it wrong, ran over a flower bed or something will be a problem between you and him at some point.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

again thanks for the info on the driveway permits ..iam going with my own driveway unit for i do think in the long run it would be better for me just in case they do sale there home..