Thread: another sheep question

Default another sheep question

has anybody out there ever floated the charlie river and hunted sheep? how far off the river do you have to walk to find them? how bad is the river....do lots of people do it? is it drawing or harvest? thanks for any and all input. my last sheep hunting spot has alot more people going to it now and im kinda just looking around trying to find a spot without so much pressure and a good chance of seein sheep...thank you.
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

I have not heard of anyone floating the Charlie for sheep but have heard of them going after caribou and moose on it. From looking at the topos one would think sheep should be there. Maybe we never hear anything about them because the people that hunt it keep their mouths shut?

Theres not a good population of sheep in the Yukon Charley area because the wolves have done a number on them, this has been mentioned by some WSF members, something needs to be done about it.

In the past, I have seen sheep on one bluff next to river.

Default sheep

you will need to be dropped above 3 fingers, you will need a raft something like the pro pioneer due to extremely low water, round boats and catarafts wont do you any good that far up river. Sheep numbers are low, you will need to do lots of walking but there are rams there. For the money and the amount of work you will have to do Id recommend the Canning River