Thread: Mid Range Prone & Highpower Matches 26&27 June

Default Mid Range Prone & Highpower Matches 26&27 June

The 21 mile R&P club will be hosting a mid-range (600yd) and highpower match on June 26 & 27. Saturday will be the 600 yd prone match. 3-20 shot strings at 600 yards, 60 shots for record. This is broken up into 20 shot strings so you can shoot a service rifle, match rifle, and F-class rifle if desired. Or, if you like you can shoot the same gun all the way through. Pretty much any rifle allowed.
    Sunday will be the High Power match at 200, 300 and 600 yards, the only catch is the rifle you use here should be capable of being reloaded quickly so you can fire 10 rounds in 60 seconds for the rapid fire strings at 200 and 300 yds. So a magazinecapacity of at least 5 is desirable with the capability of a quick reload. Military rifles like AR's, M-14's and M-1's are the most common on the line. But bolt actions like 03's and mausers are useful as well.
    Show time is 0700 on both days with shooting starting at 0800. $20 entry per day. The location is the Fort Wainwright KD range at the range complex on the south side of the Richardson Hwy. Turn in to the range complex at the Badger rd. overpass and take the access Rd. down to th KD range. (About a mile back in). Any questions call Gene at 347-1460. Hope to see you there!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Today went well with around 10 or 11 shooters. Started out calm and partially overcast. Then as the morning wore on, the wind started picking up. At the last relay with my M1-A I had 2 to 2 1/2 minutes of windage dialed in at 600 yds. 1st string was a 194-6x then on the second string dropped out to a 182-3x if I remember correctly. The last string with the scoped Remington was a 192 with 7or8x. But the conditions were more challenging as the day progressed. Everyone had a good time and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Had a few new shooters and I think they enjoyed punching paper at 600. Hope to see a few of you folks there.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."