Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: sheep on klutina lake

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the woods as much as possible
    Posts
    146

    Default sheep on klutina lake

    was wondering if anyone out there had done any sheep hunting on the end of klutina lake up in the mountains by the glacier? ive heard of sheep coming down by the river...just wondering if that was a harvest or draw...what kind of population is up there? any info would be great...thanx
    They say its unsafe to own a gun, I say its unsafe to have only one!!!

  2. #2
    Member kahahawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Its a draw only.... should be DS165...don't have my regs with me.

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Easy Access
    Legal Sheep
    Lot of Bears
    Draw Area
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Easy Access
    Legal Sheep
    Lot of Bears
    Draw Area

    More Human Hunters = More Draw Areas

  5. #5
    Member broncoformudv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Easy Access
    Legal Sheep
    Lot of Bears
    Draw Area

    Sheep and bears when did they move in there?

  6. #6

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Sheep and bears when did they move in there?
    I'm thinking right after the last Ice Age.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member L. G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N'ern S.E. AK
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Its a draw only.... should be DS165...don't have my regs with me.
    Affirmative on DS165.

    It's where I'll be in August with tag in hand.

    Only need to lose about 10 more pounds in body fat . . .


    .

  8. #8
    Member kahahawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L. G. View Post
    Affirmative on DS165.

    It's where I'll be in August with tag in hand.

    Only need to lose about 10 more pounds in body fat . . .


    .
    I put in for that area...thats all I'm saying.

  9. #9
    Member L. G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N'ern S.E. AK
    Posts
    838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    I put in for that area...thats all I'm saying.
    Hey, it was my third choice and I'm okay with that.

    . . . and that's all I'm saying too.

  10. #10
    Member shphtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Stephens Glacer - land in Hallet Lake and climb from there - not easy, but giant rams rarely are. Good luck.

  11. #11
    Member L. G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    N'ern S.E. AK
    Posts
    838

    Default

    I've heard that body of water referred to as Green Lake.

    I'll be in the vicinity. That lake was on my short list in the #2 position.

  12. #12

    Default

    I hunted the area years ago before it became a draw.

  13. #13
    Member Erik in AK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    It's a tough hunt. Apply for a goat tag as well. Some nice billies in that country. If you hire an air taxi out of Glenallen they won't take you anywhere but the Hallet River strip.

    Beware of territorial guides "encouraging" you to avoid certain areas.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

  14. #14
    Member Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    It's a tough hunt. Apply for a goat tag as well. Some nice billies in that country. If you hire an air taxi out of Glenallen they won't take you anywhere but the Hallet River strip.

    Beware of territorial guides "encouraging" you to avoid certain areas.
    That would give me the incentive to hunt "their" area. Make sure to stomp around to get the scent out there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •