Thread: Stomp Grate for jet

Talking Stomp Grate for jet

I have a 22' TJ with the Ham 212. I'm thinking about putting a stomp grate on it. Anyone have experience with a stomp grate on a 212? I have been told that there is performance loose with the stomp grate. Anyone notice this. What types are available, which is best and where to buy in Alaska? Thanks Dan
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Default Sd 309

Same question but how about for an Amercian Turbine SD 309?
    AKShawn

http://www.stompgrate.com/Stomp_Grates.htm Could look up dealer,s for them from here?
    http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=170389 What other,s think. By the way i love mine, Wouldn,t leave home without one.

Default At 309

I have an AT pump with a stomp grate. The stomp grate is the greatest thing since rolled toilet paper. I have run my boat with and with out the stomp grate. There was no performance difference between the two. The boat came off the show floor with a stomp grate installed. I had to replace that stomp grate with a new one. I wont go into why, lets say it was totally my fault. I had Reeds in Fairbanks order up a new one for me and had it delivered to my address in Anchorage. i think it was in the $750.00 range to replace.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

Default gotta have it

I put one on of my past boats with a 212, no difference in performance. It's a must have for the times you need clean the intake quickly to get your performance back... especially with a 212. Always turn the engine off while you stomp. I had a really good contact a fews years back. I'll send you a PM if he can still get them cheap.

I have a 21' Custom Weld with a 212 pump that I just had a stomp grate installed in last week after having to swim in PWS to clear the intake. No real performance impact as far as I can tell. Tested the boat on the Sound this weekend and actually used the grate about 5 times to clear weeds. Worked as advertised. As far as where to have it done the best price was Greatland Welding in Palmer/Wasilla. The grate itself was 650.00, and the install took 4 hours of labor. Total cost of 950.00. It looks great and was a very professional install. I talked with Ketchum manufacturing (stomp grate.com) and they wanted 750.00 for the grate. A1 impeller wanted 850.00 for the grate plus extra 4 hours of labor for the install. I am happy with the grate and the install from Greatland Welding. Nice piece of mind to avoid very cold swims.

Wow 4 hours labor I replaced mine in about an hour. Maybe the AT one is less complex than the hammie
    SD309 AT
    Custom Mod's

Quote Originally Posted by Jimw View Post
    Wow 4 hours labor I replaced mine in about an hour. Maybe the AT one is less complex than the hammie

I was wondering the same thing Jim, the things bolt right in with no extra holes except the rods going through the swim deck?
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

The rods connecting the grate had to be custom welded due to the rock guard and swim deck on the back. If it was bolts alone I would have done it myself, but it took some custom fitting.

...as long as it works JET ON
    SD309 AT
    Custom Mod's

I had Ben at Silver Streaks install mine last year. I think he charge me $750 installed. Top notch fella. Would never have another inboard without it.