Thread: Trailer Hitch??

Question Trailer Hitch??

Over the past two years I've snapped three of the lightweight receivers that come standard on Kodiak's and Grizzly's, pain in the butt when your 20 miles in. Since then I've upgraded to the 2" receiver, but have still been searching for a setup that allows my meat wagon a greater level of articulation. I found some great ideas on some old threads and had intended to fabricate one based on another member's design. This morning I ran across a site that may have the perfect answer. The website is www.locknroll.com and they sell receivers and couplers that allow for 90* articulation up and down and 45* articulation to the sides. This should be more than enough, but still won't allow the trailer to roll all the way over. Has anybody out their tried this system on an ATV?

Quote Originally Posted by D.W.T View Post
    Over the past two years I've snapped three of the lightweight receivers that come standard on Kodiak's and Grizzly's, pain in the butt when your 20 miles in. Since then I've upgraded to the 2" receiver, but have still been searching for a setup that allows my meat wagon a greater level of articulation. I found some great ideas on some old threads and had intended to fabricate one based on another member's design. This morning I ran across a site that may have the perfect answer. The website is www.locknroll.com and they sell receivers and couplers that allow for 90* articulation up and down and 45* articulation to the sides. This should be more than enough, but still won't allow the trailer to roll all the way over. Has anybody out their tried this system on an ATV?
    If you read the special features, they clam 360 Degrees Rotation.

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by AB RANGER 007 View Post
    If you read the special features, they clam 360 Degrees Rotation.

Bruce.
    They have a variety of setups that range from 360* to 45*. I think I'd spend most the day repacking the trailer with 360* rotation.

I just ordered the P/N 303 hitch and the P/N 102 coupler. The vendor is trying to get them sent out in a flat rate priority box, so the shipping should be very inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by D.W.T View Post
    They have a variety of setups that range from 360* to 45*. I think I'd spend most the day repacking the trailer with 360* rotation.

I just ordered the P/N 303 hitch and the P/N 102 coupler. The vendor is trying to get them sent out in a flat rate priority box, so the shipping should be very inexpensive.
    Do you have a Walking Beam Axel set up on your Pullbehind Trailer?

Bruce.

Do you have a Walking Beam Axel set up on your Pullbehind Trailer?

Bruce.
    Unfortunately not. While I can't afford a new trailer I would love to upgrade my single axle by adding a walking beam. Does anyone know who might sell a conversion kit?

Thumbs up walking beam solves may woes

If you talk with Dave at Tag-a-Long trailers he may be able to convert yours to a walking beam 344-8451
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Default walking beam

If you look in the trailers trailers trailers post in the this ATV area you can see some of the different pics some of us have posted.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Thumbs up Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
    If you talk with Dave at Tag-a-Long trailers he may be able to convert yours to a walking beam 344-8451
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give him a call tomorrow and check it out.

Default Walking beam pullbehind trailers

D.W.T. If you care to PM me your email address I will send you some JPG'S/Pictures of bcsteves Walking Beam set up, These have the measuerments to make your own, or have some one help you out.

Bruce.

Default Walking beam

Your on a better course upgrading to a walking beam vs. an articulating hitch. The coupler is the link to your vehicle. IMO anything that is not a solid attachment is prone to breaking. Keep in mind that an articulating hitch that when on a farm would be awesome for towing a 30 foot hay wagon around buildings would not necessarily be the best design for going in and out of mud, etc.

Just my opinion. I have a pac-rat outfitter with a walking beam and if my wheeler could go over the side hill or obstacle without tipping then the trailer followed no problem.

I have a buddy of mine who is going to convert his single axle to a walking beam this summer. I'll find out who he is having the work done by. I remember it being someone in the Valley. I think he told me the cost was around $300-400.

D.W.T. If you care to PM me your email address I will send you some JPG'S/Pictures of bcsteves Walking Beam set up, These have the measuerments to make your own, or have some one help you out.

Bruce.
    Thanks for the offer. I tried to get a PM to you, but it won't go through.

your in FBX so it probably won't help but I recall seeing walking beam setups for sale at Garys Welding. He doesn't make trailers but he did have the completed beams to bolt up to an existing hub.

Thumbs up Thanks

I want to thank everyone for the suggestions and insight and give AB Ranger a shout out. The walking beam pictures you sent will make fabricating a set much easier.