Thread: ....Request from the mother of hunting guide Preston Cavner...

Default ....Request from the mother of hunting guide Preston Cavner...

-As we all know, Preston Cavner, his wife, and two young sons were involved in the fiery plane accident three weeks ago in Anchorage on the way back to their lodge-
    -they have a long road to recovery...both physically and emotionally...as they cope with it all; in particular, dealing with the loss of their four-year-old, Miles;
    -additionally, Stacie's legs had to be amputated last week.

-my heart goes out to the Cavners;
    -as posted by the extended family...more heartache than what one family should ever have to bear....

-I realise this is not the usual thread we're used to hearing on the hunting forum;
    -but, we have a fellow Alaskan hunter in need!
    -He and his family could really use our support...most importantly, emotional support,prayers, or morale, or whatever you want to call it-
    -on his mother's blog site, she has some unique specific requests for help; -she feels that reading Preston stories from his past hunts while in the hospital will lift his spirits greatly....would be great for her to hear from people who have hunted with him in the past, etc-

:We in the Alaskan hunting community should step up to the plate and assisst, or at least help give some direction, if we can-

-some of you are already involved in helping him....
    -also, Jess had posted this thread in the bear baiting forum, where she donated her sales toward the Cavner's donation fund-
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=81085

(the excerpt below is from Delta Cavner's blog site updating daily the recovery details and requests for his family,as they heal from this tragic accident)-
    -more, on the link below-

Hunting / Fishing stories needed: Those who know Preston and have hunted or fished with him, if you would like for me to share your story with Preston, send them to my gmail account or put it in a comment in this blog.

Posted by Dr. D.

Prayer for Preston's business: Several family members are helping to organize Preston's Dall Sheep hunts. Be praying for that as we still need the approval for someone else to handle those hunts this year.

http://believingforamiracle.blogspot.com/

....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

...here is another link, to the facebook page set up for the Cavner family, during this time....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...1184990&v=info

....a well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed....

Sheephuntress,

Thank you for taking the time to post this. Thanks to Jess at 907 as well. I just made a donation, and I hope lots of other forum members do the same. If just a quarter of the members of this forum each make a small donation (5 bucks, 10 bucks, whatever you can afford), it would add up to a lot of help for the Cavners. Donating is very easy at the link that Jess provided: http://prestonandstaciefund.wordpress.com/ You can use your credit card without a paypal account.

Thank you for the link - done.

I have been traveling and though I had heard about the crash I had not heard details or who was involved until reading this thread. I cannot say that I know Preston or Stacie, though I have talked to Stacie and maybe Preston on the phone, and I am good friends with a relative of theirs in the lower 48.

Many thanks to first responders and anyone who has been able to help them in any way, and may God bless them as they face this tragedy.

Thank you for the donation link.

John

Default Cavner and Julian

Thanks for the link....

I will not forget Preston Cavner, in 2008 my son and I were sheep hunting the same drainage, we ran low on food, and Preston came to our aid, he invited us to eat with him and his clients and resupplied us with extra food, I will never forget that, prayers go out to him and his family.....

My heart goes out to all three families involved in this terrible tragedy.
    I know Preston and Stacie and worked out of their Lake Clark lodge in the fall of 2008.
    In my mind the saddest part of this accident is that it was totally preventable, and poor Preston is going to have to live with that.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

I just donated.
    I have two four year olds and can't imagine what they are going through.
    My heart goes out to them.