Thread: Tagged Bows on the kenai

Question Tagged Bows on the kenai

I know they tagged a bunch last year and I caught one on saturday. I was searching the web trying to find out where to who to call and pass the info on. Anyone have some info on who to contact? I would greatly appreciate it.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

This is the healthy little lady I caught that was tagged. Not big but nice and fat and looked good. June and I pulled into last chance island. The landing was a nut house around 6pm saturday with everyone making a run for it in the rain. so we uncorked a bottle of port, caught a few fishes and watched the nuthouse

One of Junes little guys she caught this weekend

Hey Chuck........you suck! LOL
    Nice fish, the small ones are so nice to look at, to bad the bigger ones are all tore up. Hey do you by chance know if they have Leopard rainbows in the upper? Or Russian?

I have caught a few on the lower but I have never seen them about Skilak.
    Have a good one!

I bet, I heard every one has a raft now, and most of the gravel bars were packed............well I guess I will start flaoting teh Kasilof for reds now................
    Good call on the port! I wish I could have seen that! LOL

The fish in the pics are leopard. Hard to tell on here but spots from thier butts and along the lower jaw line. Shoot me an email and Ill send you the pics so you can see them up close. I have caught leopards in the russian many times

ok sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    I bet, I heard every one has a raft now, and most of the gravel bars were packed............well I guess I will start flaoting teh Kasilof for reds now................
    Good call on the port! I wish I could have seen that! LOL

I shot off the main river down the back channel that comes out in front of jims, Just a few boats there. We got into the reds and bows in there. Did not see alot of rafts on the main channel so we headed out. Then Wham. They came and kept coming. Rain was not bad at all and we had out gear with us. so a 30 year port, fish, my wife, and the comedy show all in one stop. Life was good

no kidding, what more could you ask for?! port, wife, comedy..........see any one miss the pull out? or chase their raft? LOL that's always fun.........except when your the guy it happens too.

To the original question...

Chuck, I don't know for sure if he is running the tag program, but Bob Begich is the area management biologist out there and he can probably answer your question. You can reach him at (907) 260-2920.

Thanks akkona and smolt. Tony Esklin is doing the study and tagging now but the number is the same. I just spoke with tony. The fish I caught was tagged last July 2nd. Caught at the top of last chance Island right accross from Jim. A hen with no eye damage then or now. Mouth in good shape and no parasites. So the fun thing is,,,, I caught here pretty much in the exact same spot they tagged her in. Great program and Tony really appreciated the call and the info. Thanks guys for helping me out

I wanna catch some bows!! Lame park streams only produce a few bows . I really do want to get to some back channels and check them out, never did last year. I hear you can pick up some good ones there. Pretty neat that the bow hardy moved, or came back to the same spot. Nice fish Chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    I wanna catch some bows!! Lame park streams only produce a few bows . I really do want to get to some back channels and check them out, never did last year. I hear you can pick up some good ones there. Pretty neat that the bow hardy moved, or came back to the same spot. Nice fish Chuck.

Im floating with Mossyhorn on saturday. I plan on taking 3 channels I know. If you want to follow and learn them let me know.

Oh and thanks. Catching her was cool, just call a number and they look it up. Tell you when, where, how big, what condition the fish was in and everything. Tony was a great guy on the phone and seemed to really appreciate me taking the time to call. Good to see those guys interested too not just filling in the blocks