Thread: Who has a good hunter stick / snack stick recipe???

Question Who has a good hunter stick / snack stick recipe???

I can't seem to find one anywhere. I've searched this site & the smokingmeatforum (found one recipe that they owner of doesn't know if its good or not...) extensively and got nuthin'.

I don't have a homemade recipe that I use, I'm guessing that's what you are looking for? I have tried quite a few commercial mixes / seasoning packets and the one I keep going back to is the Hi Mountain mix. Their pepper, hickory, or cajun blend being my favorite. One of these days I should just look at their ingredient list and make my own mix. I make all my jerky / snack sticks from burger and use my jerky cannon, using both the round stick and flat strip nozzle. Then I dry everything on the smoker.

Default I placed my order today

Quote Originally Posted by shearej View Post
    I don't have a homemade recipe that I use, I'm guessing that's what you are looking for? I have tried quite a few commercial mixes / seasoning packets and the one I keep going back to is the Hi Mountain mix. Their pepper, hickory, or cajun blend being my favorite. One of these days I should just look at their ingredient list and make my own mix. I make all my jerky / snack sticks from burger and use my jerky cannon, using both the round stick and flat strip nozzle. Then I dry everything on the smoker.
    They're really nice to deal with; they use the flat rate usps boxes so shipping costs aren't bad. They'll send it tomorrow. I ordered the 3 you recommended.

Thank You!

Sportsmans Warehouse carried Hi Mountain mixes last I checked, apologies for not mentioning that earlier. Good to hear on the flat rate shipping though.

Jeff

Default hunter sticks

www.sausagemaker.com or order 1-888-490-8525. Hot dried sausage sticks. If you like your sticks a little more spicey, add ground red pepper to your taste. we have made antelope,elk and deer sticks and have been very happy with them. good luck.