Thread: Bedliner

Default Bedliner

I have a truck and need a bedliner. I am finding a couple of different products
    Rhino, line x, do it yourself (spray and brush), etc, Before I throw down the green I was looking for some outside suggestions based on personal experience. I know for sure I do not want a hard plastic liner. If you could also mention how much yours cost and who installed it that would be a bonus. I have a new truck and want it done right. Thanks in advance.

There is a thread on Line-X in the Global Discussion forum right now. I had Line-X sprayed in my '99 Dakota when it was new. 11 years and 200,000 miles of abusive use later, it's still in great condition. I would not hesitate to go with Line-X again.

I agree w/ Brian. Every new truck I purchase will get a Line-X. They are by no means the cheapest but from all the research I have done and the several different liners I have personally owned they are the best.

I have to agree with what has been posted here already. Line-X is about the best out there with all the research I have done.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

I had my truck rhino lined in 2003 and it still looks great. Many loads of gravel and constant hauling of my ATV have not caused any wear.
    If the Line-X is better, it must be great stuff.

I have seen folks with the Rhino liner in their trucks and after a few years the Rhino liner gets dull and fades unless you apply a special coating to it. This process has to be redone ever few years according to the dealer I spoke with. The Line - X keeps the new, wet, look for the life of the product.

Additionally, the Rhino liner has a life time warranty..at the dealer that installed it. The Line - X has a life time warranty at any dealer anywhere.

That might be a factor to consider if you ever plan on leaving the state down the road.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

AKMuddy is dead on with his assessment.

Thanks for the input. Line X it is! Any recommendations on installers? Im going to hit the phone book up and see what I can find. Thanks again ( :

I had my 2005 shot with Rhino and it's held up just fine and dandy to cut trees, rocks, gravel, and home remodeling debris. As for it looking nice and shiny, it never occurred to me to care much about that. It's a truck.

But the Line-X sounds great, especially if you need warranty work elsewhere. Looking at it online, I would hope it isn't what my wife had in her truck. It had a sanded texture that was hell on knuckles if you didn't watch out while (un)loading stuff. It was also hard on paper-bagged things like cement.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    I had my 2005 shot with Rhino and it's held up just fine and dandy to cut trees, rocks, gravel, and home remodeling debris. As for it looking nice and shiny, it never occurred to me to care much about that. It's a truck.

But the Line-X sounds great, especially if you need warranty work elsewhere. Looking at it online, I would hope it isn't what my wife had in her truck. It had a sanded texture that was hell on knuckles if you didn't watch out while (un)loading stuff. It was also hard on paper-bagged things like cement.
    Line-X is not the junk w/ the sand paper like feel to it. That stuff also has no impact resistance so your truck bed is prone to denting and as you pointed out is heck on anything at all vulnerable put in the bed including a set of soft heavily lotioned hands. My rhino lining was prone to cuts and gouges, got a dull hazy appearance in short order, and left a black smudge on anything white like a nice tight fitting set of pants on a woman's perfectly shaped..... well you get the idea... Get the line-x your truck and your woman will appreciated it!

Default Rhino's been good...

My '01 p/u had Rhino liner sprayed on new- still in great shape.

Line X sounds very good too -and is rated well at this site:
    http://www.galttech.com/research/car...-bed-liner.php

They comment that the installer can make a difference too.