Thread: Bear down

Default Bear down

Well I got my bear last nite, wasnt in the stand more that 5 minuites when I looked over at my dad and this bruiser was standing right under his stand. Dad was putting on face paint and didnt even know it was there. Its amazing to me how quiet those things can sneak in on you. He walked straight to the bait pile and presented me with a great broad side shot. I let the goldtip and G5 striker go and smoked him. The bear ran 20-25 yrds and piled up.
    Would like to thank Jess at baitem907 for the sweet smells I know helped bring the bears in. Action has really heated up this week, I have another bear close to this guys size and 2 4.5 to 5fters still workin the bait. Will post a before and after picture.

Default oops

here he is
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default couple more

here are a few more shots of him and one with a buddy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on the bear!! Very nice, I really like the muzzle on that bear. Well done

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Great looking bear for sure! He has a very pronounced hump.

This make 11 in the last 24 hours to be tagged! Waa Hoo
    Congrats again
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Alright! I guess there's still hope!

Thumbs up

Great pic, Geoff! Very happy you scored!

I was contemplating whether or not to make a midnight run tonight and your thread did it...

I'm going.

Thanks,

Taylor

Nice looking bear!

Nice animal for sure - Kudo's!
    Nice pics too - good job young man!
    And nice part was you probably saved your dads life as he was obviously in danger!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

great job I like the pics....
    Dan

Default heavy weight there

man, that's one Heavy Weight Bear there, Nice Job, and how cool is that to have before and after pics?

Congrats
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Congrats, very nice bear, one pix it does seem to have a hump
    Congrats again
    Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

That is one short successful hunt. To get a bear with a bow and saving your Dad's life will be remembered for a long time. Congrats!

The before and after pics are pretty cool also.

Thanks for posting.

Sorry if I made it sound more dramatic than it was, I didnt save dads life, it was just standing under his tree stand and I was in mine. We had just gotten into our stands 2 minuites when the bear appeared under dads stand. He wasnt in any danger. But it was very shocking to look up and see it there without hearing it sneak in at all. The bummer is dad thought he had the camera recording when i took my shot but he forgot to hit record. It all happened so fast.

Default Im sticking with

Im sticking with the " Saved your Dads life" story.
    Its always nice to add some color to the event.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Quote Originally Posted by geoff156 View Post
    Sorry if I made it sound more dramatic than it was, I didnt save dads life, it was just standing under his tree stand and I was in mine. We had just gotten into our stands 2 minuites when the bear appeared under dads stand. He wasnt in any danger. But it was very shocking to look up and see it there without hearing it sneak in at all. The bummer is dad thought he had the camera recording when i took my shot but he forgot to hit record. It all happened so fast.
    LOL, no GEOFF, you didn't make it sound life threatening, we are just having a little fun - definetly laughing with ya - not at ya Pal!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....