Thread: T.A.G. bags

Exclamation T.A.G. bags

Better get them now while he still has them. Larry's running a 3 day sale and you won't find TAG bags anywhere at a cheaper price.
    http://www.pristineventures.com/products/game-bags.html

Default Question about these bags

what are the difference between the two types of bags, I'm not talking about the size but the type of material? .... bought the ones that look like rip stop material but theres another at the same price for five bags that look like sheer nylon or satin sheets? which is better, It seems the rip stop would be better and longer lasting but the other is lighter and thinner....

Larry tried a different material which cost a bit more money to produce the bags. He will be going back to the older material due to cost but wanted to give folks a shot at these bags at the same price as the older ones. I've been on the fence about buying another set but i've already got 2 moose sets and 1 sheep/caribou set.

Default Here in Eagle River

We just received a batch ... don't wait 'til the last minute (August) 'cause the go fast!

Whats the going price on them down there, there are a lot at sportsmans up here in FBKS. They run about $75 a set up here.

$65 at sportsmans down here in the valley , they have a ton of them here...

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    $65 at sportsmans down here in the valley , they have a ton of them here...
    I think SW's only carries the 24x54" bags, I didnt see the large ones.

Good for bou/deer etc. These bags are the **** tho!!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

They have the 24x 44 ones too....
    They come in a set of 5 bags, I noticed 2 bags are suffice for one sheep, I'll leave the bright flourecent orange carry bag home, it just adds weight.

I agree Kaha,

I have found that 2 is only needed for goats either. If planning (hoping) to get 2 goats then I will bring a whole set. Otherwise just two or needed. Caribou I bring 3. They are great bags for that. For moose hunting I am generally hunting via boat or ATV and weight and space isn't an issue so I just use standard game bags as they are cheaper and they still work they are just bulkier and heavier.

Larry, It's nice to see that you are back. Can you chime in on this material deal. I saw that they were new and heavier at Marks and now someone here is mentioning about you going back. My understanding is that the new bags will breath better than the old ones but are heavier. Are folks wanting the old ones due to the smaller weight and willing to accept the less breathability?

What are you guys doing to wash these bags after useage. Bleach , no bleach? soaking etc...Blood stains doesn't concern me, just want them clean and bacteria free.

Kaha,

Probably not the correct way to go about it. But when I get home I soak all of them together in a 5 gallon bucket of water with a little bleach for a day then they hit the washing machine after that. Seems to clean them up pretty nicely.

Cool, if that works then thats what I'll do, as long as it doesn't fall apart....would like to get a few years of usage out of it.

Been using the same TAG bags for years. They clean up great, only trouble I ever had is critters tearing holes in them to get to the meat inside.
    I use Kifaru meat baggies for Sheep hunts.