Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sea Ark - your opinion?!

Default Sea Ark - your opinion?!

So, I think we've finally decided to go with a Sea Ark for our next boat. Looking at probably a 24' so we can get all of our materials, 6 wheeler, the family, etc loaded in there on our trips. We haven't really gotten the opportunity to speak with anyone who actually has one of these boats, and the salesmen will tell you anything, so I was wondering what any of you Sea Ark owners had to say about your boat? Are you happy with it? What would you change about it if you could??

I think SeaArk makes a great boat. We have a 20'er with a 60" bottom and a 80 jet tiller with a tunnel on it. The biggest load weve put in it so far was six people averaging 220 lbs and a days worth of fishing gear, extra gas, "beverages", and food. The thing did great. Went up river about 20 miles, handled good, ran shallow, no problems to speak of. A friend of ours has the 20' 72" welded diamond plated floor, which I really like, and that does good also. He has a slightly smaller motor, but is looking to upgrade now that he has seen the 80 jet in action.

It all depends on what motor you would put on the 24'er. Jet/prop? Two stroke DFI/4-Stroke? Tunnel/No Tunnel? That is a big boat, and personally I dont think I could put enough in our 20'er to make it inoperable.

Good luck with the purchase, i think you are making the right choice for an all around good boat.

Well the big toss up was between the 20' and the 24', we're definately going with a jet unit over a prop and if getting the 24' we would likely go with the 115 4-stroke. *I* think that the 24' is going to end up being overkill in a few years and would rather go with the 20' (we are going 72" bottom on either one of them) but my SO is pretty set on the 24'. We are planning on getting a cab to put on it as our property is close to 50 miles from the Deshka Landing and it can get REAL cold real quick. Add the rain and it can be a long miserable ride.

I have a 2072 SeaArk with a tunnel that has a 115 on the back of it. i love the boat it is super tough. i haul a 4wheeler in it when i am going hunting. if i was going with a 24' boat i would look at least getting a 125 or a 150 for the back, especialy if you are going to put a 6 wheeler in it. i think a 115 will work but i also think you will wish for a little more power, you can never have to much power. if i ever get another boat it will be a Sea Ark for sure.

Man, I would look into getting a DFI 2 Stroke. The 80 jet (115 Powerhead) is very efficient; almost 2 hrs of running and burned 10 +/- .5 gallons. That was with a load. The weight difference isnt that significant, but the automatic power is 2nd to none in a 2-Stroke. IMHO, when purchasing a motor for a boat, I go max on the power rating that the yellow tag says. Racnooc is right, you will not regret having the extra power, and when you dont need it, you'll be running lower RPMs and burning less gas in the end.

Can't wait to see a pic on here when you finally get the setup dialed in.

Space is a premium on the water. You can never have enough. I have the 24 w/yamaha F150 and love its capabilities.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

I looked but couldn't find a dimension. Does anyone know the floor dimension on a 24' x 72" between the bow box and the rear seat box? It looks like a worthy freighter. I may be interested in one with a prop.

Thanks.

Like I said, space is never an issue with a 24. It looks small up front with this shot but thats the same boat as my avatar and in that pic it looks like there isn't any room behind the seats. Different angles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A dimension. Feet and inches. I'm not interested in the comfort options.

Sea Arks are impressive boats. I want to know the useful space because I've dreamed of a freight hauler for years. Bare bones utility is all I want. Floor space is a critical component. Not for my wife to feel good. More for a tractor, a 500 gallon fuel tank, a load of lumber, etc. Feet and inches.

hmmmmmmmmmmm I like mine. good boat.

I have had two sea arks my current one being a predator and from my experience they hold up well.

As said above, I would go with more motor than the 115/80 with the 24 foot, with top and all. 150 or more you can always back off the throttle. Better than running the 80 WOT. Everybody i talk to likes there,s.

Default transom problems

My buddy recently purchased a 24',with a hard top. Nice boat, but he busted out the transom when hauling down to the peninsula from the valley. Seems to be a weak design. Not enough support built into the transom to with stand the weight of the outboard hanging off the back. I think he is going to fix it and sell it if anyone pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pid View Post
    A dimension. Feet and inches. I'm not interested in the comfort options.

Sea Arks are impressive boats. I want to know the useful space because I've dreamed of a freight hauler for years. Bare bones utility is all I want. Floor space is a critical component. Not for my wife to feel good. More for a tractor, a 500 gallon fuel tank, a load of lumber, etc. Feet and inches.

Geee I don't know..... there web site maybe?

Not that I can find. I'll ask at Deweys. Nice boat!

I tried to cut and paste the spec sheet for you but it didn't work. It doesn't give the space between the front deck and the rear bench anyway like you mentioned (and thats what I assume your after). Give the company a call for the exact measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by Avid outdoorsmen View Post
    My buddy recently purchased a 24',with a hard top. Nice boat, but he busted out the transom when hauling down to the peninsula from the valley. Seems to be a weak design. Not enough support built into the transom to with stand the weight of the outboard hanging off the back. I think he is going to fix it and sell it if anyone pm me.

Man that sucks. I have a 150 four stroke hanging off mine with no troubles yet, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Default 22' Sea Ark Predator

I too have the Predator and am completly happy with how it performs and the layout. About the only complaint I have with it is the color, but I'm working on that, at least from the bottom up. I haul fully loaded from front to rear during moose season and still get around 8.5 gallons per hour. I firmly believe that an enclosure would not be an option for me, but a must.
    "Fish Hard, Fish Long"

24' with 140hp Suzuki. It has a welded aluminum cabin from a local fabricator. It has a 100 gal built in fuel tank and can haul a load. Two guys, gear and two decent moose.
    There was a 24' with 100hp 4strk Yamaha on CL a week or so ago. It had a factory cabin and he only wanted $11,500. A steal in my book, didn't last long. I would buy another, but I hope the one I have lasts longer than I do.

Default Freight Hauler

Chiming in late here, but if you have the choice, you won't be sorry going with the 24'. I just wish they offered it with a tunnel, so I didn't have to cut a hole in my perfectly good 24' to install one. I'd seriously consider something a bit beefier than a 115, whether you're going with either the 20' or 24' version. I run a 225 Evinrude DFI with the 7 5/8" pump, and it's not too much motor. My partner runs a 150 Evinrude, and he's ready to repower bigger. With a hardtop big enough to get yourself & gear in out of the elements, the 24' still has enough room to pile in about anything you want. Here's a pic of mine coming in from last moose season. We started with 240 gal of fuel/gear and then both filled our tags the 1st day of hunting, so we came back WAY heavy - 120 Gal of fuel replaced with 2 moose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast