Thread: Cordova 4th of July weekend

Default Cordova 4th of July weekend

I'm going to Cordova over the 4th of July weekend with the wife. How's the fishing at that time, where to go, what to use? The wife has never caught a salmon. We're staying at the Eyak River Lodge. Any info would be appreciated!

Default 7 Mile, 20 Mile, Alganic

If you want to stay close to town go to the cannery side and you can fish for silvers there from shore in the salt. If you wanna drive go out the road to 7 mile or 20 mile. Teespoons, vibrax or pixies. Orange and blue Teespoon # 5's worked the best for me. Also Alganic is a great spot, small hike to the river but when the silvers are in it can't be beat. You can leterally watch the fish chase the lure. Good luck and have fun!!

Homer, AK

It may be a little early for silvers. Typically August has good numbers. I've caught them early, but not in any great numbers. Pinks and Chums in Hartney Bay (5 mile down Whiteshed Road.) Dollies in a lot of places, perhaps some reds still in Eyak. I am usually there by now this time of year. I'll be there on the 29th for a few weeks. I'll see you out there.