Thread: North slope fishing opportunities

Default North slope fishing opportunities

Just curious on fishing prospects up here in greater prudhoe bay area sag,put rivers etc. This will be my first summer on the slope and any advice on what's available and or what gear to use would be greatly appreciated.I fly fish and use spinning rods as well.

Thanks Much,Tim
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

some good char and laker fishing!!! Spoons worked on us in the sag....I didnt bother bringing the long rod along. I'm sure any smolt pattern would work.

Lakers in galbreath.

Default Char?

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    some good char and laker fishing!!! Spoons worked on us in the sag....I didnt bother bringing the long rod along. I'm sure any smolt pattern would work.

Lakers in galbreath.
    You are just trying to get me going today about the char thing arnt you ..LOL
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

I know some guys fish the little channel by the Milne Point turn while heading to Kuparuk. A little spinner or fly rod with dries would work for the grayling.

Default years ago, I believe north dock

Right on the ocean caught char and then had the camp cooks, cook it up and split the dinner with them.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Char, dollies, I use them interchangeably up there...who knows, really does it matter :P.....I'll rock paper scissors ya for it, whatever it is it is.

Either way, they're fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    Char, dollies, I use them interchangeably up there...who knows, really does it matter :P.....I'll rock paper scissors ya for it, whatever it is it is.

Either way, they're fun!!!!
    Ok game on...rock,paper, scissors best out of 3

does it matter? What makes you think it matters?
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

you're on lol.....we need to hit the upper chena one of these days! I'm on nights for the next two months...might be flying home in a week and driving back up, still up in the air, ticket is bought, if not I have 8 days off starting next wed....

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 27 View Post
    Just curious on fishing prospects up here in greater prudhoe bay area sag,put rivers etc. This will be my first summer on the slope and any advice on what's available and or what gear to use would be greatly appreciated.I fly fish and use spinning rods as well.

Thanks Much,Tim
    we used to fish the west dock for char (or D/V or what ever they are, in the 70's they were called char) used pixie's and the like. our best times were driving down the haul road for grayling, load up a pickup with fuel, tires and beer (ops did i just say that camp bootlegger would kill me for that) and head down the road with a small bq!!! we would go as far as pump 3 and further (more driving than fishing but after 3or4 months it was fun). all kidding aside anywhere on the Sag or Kuparik you'll have fun.