Thread: Tikka T3 Lite

Talking Tikka T3 Lite

I'm thinking of buying a synthetic Tikka T3 Lite rifle in .270. Does anyone have one that would like to comment on it? I understand Tikka guarantees them for 1" groups at 100 yds. I suppose they would be a little light for a .338 WM at 6 7/16 lbs.

Default tikka t3

Frank,

I have one in the .300 wsm. AWESOME rifle. I use it on the trapline, sheep hunting, and my kids use it for bear and moose. It is VERY accurate and for the money, IS THE BEST DEAL GOING. You won't be dissapointed.

2 words... GET ONE!!!!

Best Buy plus the guaranty, claims, etc. and so on are dead nuts right on the $$$! No fussing around (EVER) right out of the box.

Have yet to print any T3 @ 100 in any cal. over 3/4" groups!

Just 2 more words... Exceptional Guns!

I own a Tikka in a M595 in 223 Rem (the version before the T3). I REALLY like it. Yet when I went to buy a new 338WM recently, the T3 really turned me off. I don't know what it was...I know they are accurate and all that, but I just didn't like them. Can you even fit a WSM cartridge (I know you said 270, but I'm making a point) through that itty bitty ejection port? The action just didn't feel very stout, and why are the short actions cartridges still long action guns? I wasn't fond of the stock feel either. Anyway, I know these are all subjective opinions (and they are just that, my opinion) but that is what I think. Like I said, I already own a Tikka that I reallly like, but I'm not sold on the T3 Lites. -JR

Purchased my first Tikka T3 this past October. I had been searching for the 338 Federal for almost a year, waithing for Sako release. Then found out Tikka was also releasing the 338 F. Tikka uses Sako barrels, which are know for their quality and guarantee of 1" groups. (this will vary depending on your choice of ammo). Both are under corporate banner of Beretta. My preference has been Savage, primairly due to their accuracy. With the T3's light weight and a Limbsaver it's a sweet combination.
    IMO Tikka t3's are priced right, the trigger adjusts to 2#, smooth action, light weight, accuracy, and the support of a reputable corporation behind them. A hard to find combination in my book. No regreats.

Default worth the money

I just got one last month in 30/06, had the barrel cut to 20", and installed a nikon monarch ucc 3-9x40 bdc reticle. Test day was very windy but we still managed to burn a couple of boxes through it, and was very impressed with the action, trigger, and overall performance. The jury is still out on the rings that are supplied, had some issues with the scope sliding in them, but could have been from under tightening of the screws. However, the thing kicks pretty good, and I dont believe I would buy one in a larger caliber. I will be installing a limbsaver on mine for sure!

I own two and have two friends that each own one. Lightweight, accurate, great trigger. Can't beat it for the price. Don't bother using the Tikka rings. They won't securely hold a scope in the heavier kicking calibers. Get some Tally lightweight rings or some Warne bases and rings. The Tikka aluminum rings failed to hold the scopes in all four of the Tikka T3 Lites I had experience with. Two 7mm RMs, and two 300 WSMs. Other than the poor factory rings, and the cost associated with the purchase of a spare magazine, you'll like them. Oh yeah - also think about switching out the recoil pad with a Limbsaver. Good luck.

Ken, when I get a Tikka I'm thinking of puting a Monarch 3-9X40 BDC scope on it too. How do you like your BDC reticle?

Thanks for the encouraging comments. Tikkas sound like a great gun for the money. I plan to start with a .270 synthetic. If I like it I may get a .338 WM in laminated/ stainless with a Limbsaver later. The laminated stock would be heavier which would be helpful in taming the .338 recoil in such a light gun. Also thanks to whoever put the other Tikka question next to mine. I've enjoyed reading everyone's comments. If you have more feel free to add to what is here. Thanks!

I just picked a Tikka 300 WM for a gift for a friend. Looked at most of the other comparably priced rifles.This one stood out as a great value. Ratings I read agreed.

Default Sweet guns

I have a 300wm I bought from Alaska Cub (Roland) and I just love it. If you dont want to spend $1000.00 on a Kimber then the Tika is a close second IMA .
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Default love mine

I have one in 30-06 and love it. It's light... hence the name. It spits winchester accubond CT's and Failsafes sub MOA at 100yds. Took a whitetail two years ago at 200 yds and a caribou this august at close to 500 yds (both animals dropped in their tracks). I decided not to use the rings. I didn't give them the opportunity to fail. Didn't like the design. Went with Leopold rings and bases, a Burris 3-9X40 and have been more than pleased. I packed it on two sheep hunts (unsuccessful). It never posed a weight, accuracy, or field maintenance problem. The action is smooth as glass and I've never had an ejection/loading problem. Great gun, worth the money (I paid $360 new), The prices have been increasing over the last couple of years with its gaining popularity, so get it now.

Thumbs up T3 .30-06

I too have an -06 T3. Absolutely love it. Bought it in 2003 and never had a problem with it. Some people (myself included) were skeptical about the composite (plastic) magazine, but mine has held up admirably. Even chambered in .30-06 it kicked pretty good, so I had mine ported and now it's a sweetie. This gun has taken caribou, moose, and black bear all over this great state in some pretty rough conditions. I have it topped with a Ziess Conquest and would definetly recommend this gun to anyone shopping on a budget. Can't think of a better gun for anywhere close to the money.

Shannon
    Last edited by RTC KJN; 05-27-2007 at 15:40.

Default tikka t3 Lite 308

This is my first year with my tikka t3 Lite 308 with a Zeiss 3x9x40 .At the gun range my abilities with targets do no justice to the guns abilities,but at a hundred yards I would have kill shots on any game that I would be after.This is comforting to me ,because all my deer that I have taken, have come from stillhunting and have been under 75yds. (Bucks and Does 12+), with a Winchester Ranger 30-30 and a tasco pronghorn 1.75x5x30 scope with seethru mounts.I have never in 25 years of stillhunting in Northern ,Ontario, Canada. had a 100 yard shot,at a deer ,because the country is so thick.I was never any good with targets , but when a scope is on fur and the gun is true , there is never any thought as to the outcome.I cannot wait for my first year with this rifle,it has a great balance and feel to it. It is a straight shooter.I bought this combo because I had to turn down moose hunts ,because I was under gunned.

Default Love the Tikka!

I bought my Tikka T3 Lite last year for my birthday present, in 7mm Rem. Mag. I really love that gun. Shoots great, feels great, slick action. I recently went into Scheels and held the wood/blue version and also the laminate/stainless version and I like both of them. I wish I could go back and get the grey laminate, it is so pretty. Buy the Tikka, you won't regret it. Oh, but do get the limbsaver it'll make all the difference in the world.

Love my chopped to 20" T3.270 wsm w/ 3-9 Zeiss conquest, grounded a grizz with it, surprisingly, at 18 yards. Didn't need the scope for that shot. The ballistics are better than the .270 win