Thread: Sockeye?

Default Sockeye?

Where the heck are the Sockeye? Not much happening on the Kenai or the Kasilof!

In good on the copper!

Bet they are just late

Look at the sockeye counts on the kasilof , 5700 fish in the last 4 days as of the 17th of June....they are there and right on schedule.... check the updates on AlaskaOutdoorJournal.com ( which has dozens of private anglers reports updated everyday, very informative and helpful info) in the salmon run charts (top right corner)... as far as the Russian River run goes, its possible they got lost in skilak lake, which happens from time to time....its not unusual for 20,000 sockeye to go missing in there then suddenly bam there they are....be patient and have faith.......

Release Lake Trout

I wish I knew, 1/3 of the 1st run should have been past the weir counter by now and I just checked it--543 fish counted. Ouch! Now I think it will be a wait and see when an EO will be issued by F&G and what it means for the 1st run of Russian river reds. This will be a hot topic if an EO is issued in light of F&G's "test fishery" of 1st run reds. Tight lines.
    Only those that can see the invisible can do the impossible.

Default Upper Kenai

We drifted the Upper Kenai Saturday and got our fish but we did have to work for them. I have NEVER seen that many people on the river between the Sportsmans launch and Jim's Landing in my 35 years of fishing it! It was similar to the Russian Combat Zone half way down to Jim's! The number of drift boats, rafts, and personnal pontoon boats was unbelivable.

Default Conga Line

Was on the Russian yesterday afternoon. There were large bursts of around 100 or so fish shooting up at a time. The conga line has started in the sanctuary and the fish are stack'n up!! Fishing should be great from here on out!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Fly Guy View Post
    We drifted the Upper Kenai Saturday and got our fish but we did have to work for them. I have NEVER seen that many people on the river between the Sportsmans launch and Jim's Landing in my 35 years of fishing it! It was similar to the Russian Combat Zone half way down to Jim's! The number of drift boats, rafts, and personnal pontoon boats was unbelivable.
    I was one of them. lol

Got my 3, took several hours though.