Thread: Commercial mauser ID

Default Commercial mauser ID

I picked up this commercial mauser 300win. I'm trying to find out who made the action. I've been told it could be a parker-hale, santa barbera, or a F-N. Sad part is, no markings except the serial#. Usually you see a "made in belgium, made in spain, etc. nothing on this one. The bbl says "foremost 6500...made in england". I'm gonna assume its a JC Penny model but very little is on the web about this model.

The trigger is different cuz its set more like a double trigger. the disconnect bar is pined and the trigger body is screwed to the action with 2 hex head screws.

Anyways, if someone has any info on this action I would appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm going to say JC Penny. If it was built in England pull the action and you will find makers marks and proofs.If you find something that looks like stacked rifles or hay it will be BSA
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Well in the case of parker-hale, the 90's were an interesting decade. Parker was building for lots of companies. I have an Armsport 1022 12 gauge single shot. When I started doing research on it I found out it is a Parker-Hale. I wrote the new parent company and they sent me back a nice letter telling me of it's origins. I would guess its a Parker-Hale by it's designs. Happy researching....

Ron

Thanks guys, I didnt even think about BSA as a possibility. Nothing is marked except the serial #. I know santa barbera's have "made in spain" on the tang....no marking. BBL isnt marked Parker-hale. nothing is marked made in belgium. No marks.

Parker Hale is a trade name thats sells others products. Kinda like BSA never built a scope or Charles Daly ever build a gun
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Take the bolt out and tell us if the receiver ring is a full C or not. If a full C then Parker-Hale, if not, then prolly a Czech action.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Looks like a Santa Barbara action made in spain. Check DeHaass book Bolt Action Rifles for specifications and review.

Thanks guys.

Nitro, yup its a full C.