Thread: Bears in the rain?

Default Bears in the rain?

Just curious if anyone has black bears coming to their bait site when its raining. My site was hoping when my son shot his bear, but it has been dead ever since, and raining and wet every time I have been able to hunt it. I am very carefull about my scent so I dont think that is what killed it. I also have had nothing but grizzly pictures on my camera. Not a single black bear picture. But every time I am in the tree I have had nothing but black bears come into the bait. I did catch a glimpse of a griz come part way in and walk on by about 60 yards from the bait.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

This was brought up a few posts ago. IMHO in the southwest they are used to the rain. Now here in the Interior no bears came in on our sites when raining, but rather a few hours later and when it was mostly dry. I did see a Grizz walk in the river this year paw deep, but as for rain none hitting it during.

I wasnt sure about bears in the rain...last night I went out and it started raining pretty good, I sat for awhile and was about to leave thinking it would be hard to blood trail in the rain if anything actually came to feed.
    Just about the time I started to pack up a black came in and started to chow without hesitation.
    It was a decent bear so I shot it...my first with a bow.

Hey Dan, do you have a link to that thread? I did a search before posting, but didnt come up with anything.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Diamond Marquis

Although its been an odd season. I have heard of 8 kills in the past 24 hours. Now the sun decides to shine... we'll see if it dies off or keeps the bears moving.
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    I wasnt sure about bears in the rain...last night I went out and it started raining pretty good, I sat for awhile and was about to leave thinking it would be hard to blood trail in the rain if anything actually came to feed.
    Just about the time I started to pack up a black came in and started to chow without hesitation.
    It was a decent bear so I shot it...my first with a bow.
    Congrats Burke!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."