Thread: Bushnell Trophy Cam

Default Bushnell Trophy Cam

If anyone is using this cam how do you have yours set up? I just got it last week and put it on my bait which I pulled today. The problem was that I had 7153 pictures of nothing besides a few squirrels and a martin. I am almost positive that I had it set up to close to the barrel and pointed to far tho the ground. I am just looking for what interval I should set it up for and how fast of trigger speed to use for next year. It appeared to have constantly taken pictures until the battery died and the card filled up.

Chris

What model. My son had trouble with his first one (can't remember the model #) it was doing the same thing . He ended sending it back to Bushnell and got a upgraded replacement.

Hey Chris. You wont notice it, but the sun will have an affect on it and trigger pictures, not to mention when the wind blows, grass or even tree limbs will make it trigger.This year I had a bear knock one down and it was pointed skyward and it took 230 + pictures of nothing. Also when you have birds flying thru they'll be gone and then it takes a picture.
    So you see there are many variables that will affect it, so you just need to keep messing with it, and dont face it towards the sun.Lastly mine are setup about 7-8 feet from the bait and about 15 inches on average from the ground. Take a look at my Bear baiting folder you'll see my results. I think there is a link under my signature. Daniel

Default So

I set it up in my yard and it did the same thing. It was constantly taking pictures one after the other until the battery died. I took it back today and I have the new one set up and it seems to be doing fine. Thanks for the pointer about the sun and set up location. I have the new Trophy Cam with the built in viewer.

Chris

cool! Glad it worked out.

Not bashing here, fellas, not at all. I've never owned other than the Cuddeback that I have hooked up right now.

I'm not trying to sell you another camera, but man, mine can stop a bird in mid-air and I have just changed the batteries that I put in in March. It has taken thousands of pictures and as of yet, I have no problems.

Very sorry to hear you're having problems, that has to be frustrating. If you ever replace it, talk to me about a Cuddeback.

Taylor