Thread: 3-4 day trip

Default 3-4 day trip

I have been reading the posts here and googling alaska conoe trips to try and find a 3-4 day trip for the first week of August. I have been on the Chena a little bit but no multi-day trips. I have looked at doing the Yukon, Eagle to Circle, but I would prefer to find something closer to Anchorage and/or something with mountain views and wildlife.

If someone knows of a shuttle service that is reasonable to facilitate the Eagle to Circle put in and take out, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks to all those that post on these forums.

Default canoe trips Alaska

The Kenai Canoe trails are a wonderful trip if you enjoy lakes and a few portages,,
    one of my favorite 3 to 4 day trips is to go west entrance of the swan lake system and then to the Moose river and out at the confluence of the moose and Kenai rivers.
    nice trip and very few people ..
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

canoe trips Alaska
    The Kenai Canoe trails are a wonderful trip if you enjoy lakes and a few portages,,
    one of my favorite 3 to 4 day trips is to go west entrance of the swan lake system and then to the Moose river and out at the confluence of the moose and Kenai rivers.
    nice trip and very few people ..
    Max

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com
    I have made that trip with my wife more than once, spectacular trip, highly recommended !

Default Stewart River

If you had five days you could do the Stewart River (where the highway crosses) to the Yukon and back to Dawson. Great country. Remote, with some beautiful island camp sites along the river.

You can easily get someone from one of of the trading posts in Dawson to shuttle you to the Stewart. Leave your car at the campground in Dawson, just pay a few days ahead. You can land your boat right at the campground.

I can't speak for the weather in August. I have done this trip in July and the weather was beautiful.

The only down side is that Anchorage to Dawson is a long drive, pretty, but long.