Thread: Artic Cat tire problems?

Default Artic Cat tire problems?

Has anybody had any problems with the stock tires on Arctic Cats especially the 05 and 06 models?

My wife, a friend and myself each bought one this summer that were new and have had several problems with the bead breaking and losing air. The dealership said that arctic cat is not doing anything about it.

Default Cat tire problems

What machines did you get? My wife and I got new Cats this last summer and have not had any issues with the tires. However the first thing we did was to take the stock tires off and install ITP589's all the way around. That was the best thing we did to them. They would go places that our other machines would not. Yes they could tear up the mub holes if one got stupid but as long as you used some common sense then all was fine. We got 1 500TBX and 1 500.

No problems here. Sounds like you may of gotten some twigs or garbage stuffed in between the tire and wheel.
    Tennessee

My brother-in-law bought an 05' I beleive. He has never taken it away from his house and has been plagued with flat tires since day one. AC refused to deal with the issue period. That would be enough for me to avoid them with future purchases.

Snowwolfe that is what I was thinking at first, but then I took a tire in to get it checked out and they said it was the bead. So far the '06 400 has had 5 flats since this summer. The '05 have had several flats as well. I talked to the dealership and they agreed that the tires are not made to suit the wheels that they are on. As AKBighorn said AC will not do anything about it though. It is a shame to because I like the machine except for this tire issue.

Thumbs up

Buckmark, this gives you a great excuse to add some over sized mud tires. I still have the stock tires mounted on the factory rims off my AC 700 and they have not even lost any significant amount of tire pressure in over 8 months.
    Tennessee

Any suggestions on type of tire or brand? I am a little new to this whole thing and do not know exactly what I should look for. I will be using the machine mostly for hunting purposes and some minor trail riding.

Default We Had Bad Tires From AC

My wife rides a 2005 400 4x4 and we had the problem with the tires from the time we bought it in May05. At first it was just happening now and then and I had the dealer check it out when we were getting some other things done and they told me sand or something had gotten into the bead. I'd say it happened about 3-4 times to different tires that first riding season. We went on a winter ride January of last year in -10 temps and it happened about 10 times total that day to all 4 tires. I took it to the dealer a few weeks later with 3 of the 4 tires flat sitting on the trailer. Arctic Cat warrantied it and gave us $50 a tire which we used towards a set of after-market mud tires and haven't had a problem since. Other than the tire issue the machine rocks and goes through anything.

Default Leaking beads

2005-06 Arctic Cat atvs came with a very good stock oem. tire,Carlile Badland Radial. These are not a cheep tire and do work good in most conditions. They are known for leaky beads,I do not know why. My left front started to leak, so I went to Walmart and picked up some Tire Slime. One gallon will treat 4 tires and will cost about $30.00. This should stop bead leakage. These tires do ride great and handle most terrain well, may as well spend the money on tire sealant and run them until they wear out. Arctic Cat and other manufactures might consider adding a tire sealant to all new ATV'S.