Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Grizzly kills man after being tranquilized (WY)

  1. #1
    Member AlpineEarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Usually somewhere I don't want to be.
    Posts
    408

    Default Grizzly kills man after being tranquilized (WY)

    Happened in WY but thought it was interesting nonetheless. I've never heard of anything like this before. I've heard of tranquilized animals hurting the biologists trying to subdue them, but nothing like this. Has anything like this ever happened up here?

    Here is the story:
    http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...cc4c03286.html

  2. #2
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    ***Note, you are supposed to tranquilize the bear not the man.

    Seems obvious but you never know...

  3. #3

    Thumbs up

    Yup,
    Many many times. PCP is used and it caused flashbacks in bears same as people. Ask the Girl Scouts of America about it. One of their own got ate up. Then there has been several others all over the country, including Alaska. Even with Polar Bears as well as Blacks and Browns.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Yup,
    Many many times. PCP is used and it caused flashbacks in bears same as people. Ask the Girl Scouts of America about it. One of their own got ate up. Then there has been several others all over the country, including Alaska. Even with Polar Bears as well as Blacks and Browns.
    Happens more than it should considering these folks are supposed to be the pros.Luckily they don't use Sernylan street name Angle Dust much any more.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  5. #5

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Happens more than it should considering these folks are supposed to be the pros.Luckily they don't use Sernylan street name Angle Dust much any more.
    NOAA still does. I am not sure what the State boys are using at this time.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6
    Member sharksinthesalsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    wasilla ak
    Posts
    640

    Default

    who is giving PCP to the girlscouts???
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

  7. #7

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by sharksinthesalsa View Post
    who is giving PCP to the girlscouts???
    USFWS

    Through the Proxy method via blood borne infusion of Angle Dust in one of their Teddy Bears. You know the sweet little cuddly ones.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlpineEarl View Post
    Happened in WY but thought it was interesting nonetheless. I've never heard of anything like this before. I've heard of tranquilized animals hurting the biologists trying to subdue them, but nothing like this. Has anything like this ever happened up here?

    Here is the story:
    http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...cc4c03286.html
    No, I haven't heard of anything like this (implication: of tranquilizer side-effect of aggression upon wakening in bears/other animals); it seems reasonable that this would have been thoroughly studied before field application of the product.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •