Thread: Garrett Cartridges?

Default Garrett Cartridges?

I know this has probably been gone over many a time but here we go. Is there anywhere here in Alaska that we can purchase Garrett cartridges?

Default Only one I'm aware of

We are pleased to announce that we now have a dealer in Juneau, Alaska. Rayco Sales (907-789-4862) is now carrying our full line-up of Hammerhead Ammo, and is the only source of our ammo in Alaska. So give the good folks at Rayco Sales a call, and get some of the best. (Shipping can be arranged within Alasaka)

Buffalo Bore has been available in Fairbanks for some time now. Shouldn't be any reason why we couldn't get Garrett in places other than Juneau, as well.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Default Emailed Garrett & talked with Rayco in Juneau...

I emailed Garrett a few weeks ago asking the same question. He said Rayco is the only place in Alaska that carries his ammo. Garrett won't ship it up here to customers. Last week, I called Rayco in Juneau asking about the Garrett 310 Grain Hammerhead ammo. They've got some and it's awful spendy as Garrett didn't cut them any price breaks. Shipping it to anywhere from Juneau ain't cheap either. I just picked up a couple boxes of Federal 300 grain Cast-Core rounds today at Sportsmans Warehouse in Fairbanks. I'm gonna give them a try and see how well they penetrate. As was previously noted, Buffalo Bore ammo is also available up here.

If you wanna handload, you have some additional options too. Good huntin!

Sep