Thread: Anchorage Housing

Default Anchorage Housing

Guys,

I had lodging for myself, two other men and a young boy on August 20. Due to some circumstances the proprietor of the lodging/B & B is leaving the business.

Any suggestions?

First timers to Alaska. We get into Anchorage commercial around 10 PM and out at 8 AM from the small airfield.

Any thoughts, recommendations appreciated.

Thanks = Todd

Priceline.com and you can get a decent hotel for $50 or $60.
    Pretty good considering the average hotel price in Anchorage is $120.

Default Priceline?

Drifter, I never seem to have any luck with priceline. I check prices online with a hotel chain ( Crowne Plaza), then priceline and they are the same; actually Priceline it a $2 higher. Could be the time of year, end of July, higher demand time I suppose. Anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks, Mark

Sixth Ave. Bed and Breakfast is just across the street....... (The Anchorage City Jail)

Default Vrbo

Give this place a look http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/alaska
    We have used them for the Kenai and Fairbanks.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Default Anchorage

probably has more B&B's than any other city it's size in the country.
    Have you tried to Google for a list?
    Gary

Default tks

thanks guys, running some things down. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    Drifter, I never seem to have any luck with priceline. I check prices online with a hotel chain ( Crowne Plaza), then priceline and they are the same; actually Priceline it a $2 higher. Could be the time of year, end of July, higher demand time I suppose. Anything I could be doing wrong?

Thanks, Mark
    A couple of years ago I stayed at the Ramada for $60 and my buddies stayed at another decent hotel for $50. They also got a rental mini van for three hundred and change for the week.

I just go on priceline say I want a 2 or 3 * room and punch in $40 to start and go up $5 at a time until I get a room.
    At Christmas I got a 3* room in a beautiful boutique hotel by the Toronto airport for $45!!! King size bed, sofa, marble bathroom, 42" flat screen TV and indoor parking!!! Life was good.
    I had ro change my search criteria as there were no cheap rooms available on the west side of the airport but there were on the east side. Good thing as the drop off for my rental car was only a block away from the hotel I got.

Inlet Towers. Couple blocks from downtown and usually a lot cheaper than downtown hotels and still has a view if you can get a n/w room. Worth a call.