So I have a factory Ruger SRH .480 7 1/2" I'm wanting to mod a bit.
1. Shorten barrel to 5.5 and remove factory engraving. Inverted crown.
2. Smooth action and trigger job - jeweled/polished
3. Possible porting - (I don't mind it being a bit louder, but I don't want obnoxious - and that can be subjective)
4. Lighten it a bit
5. Upgrade sights - Trijicon possibly.
6. Bob the hammer a bit.
7. Cosmetic touches - bead blast (velvet?) the entire finish. Polished cylinder rings.
For a while I was considering doing the moon clips merely for the speed loading application, but now I don't think it's necessary.
My biggest question is where to do it. I like to support my local shop, and the Wolverine job WWG does looks pretty decent. I'm torn too on how they grind the sides of the barrel and receiver to lighten it up - sometimes I really like how it looks, then other times I prefer the factory look.
But I REALLY like the finished product of the Advantage conversion that Mag-na-Port offers.
If I had $4K, I'd call Bowen, and have them make me a 5.5" .480 Redhawk with 5 shot fluted cylinder.