Thread: Doran Point

Default Doran Point

Anyone have any luck halibut fishing off of Doran Point? I am going to be out and about on the 4th of July and wanted to check it out but have some reservations on blowing fuel to find out there's nothing there. It looks like a good spot on the charts, but if anyone has personal experience I'd like the 411 if you could. Thanks in advance. PM me if you don't want public news about it.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Default ?

anyone?
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Where is it based out of?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Smile PWS

Doran Point is located in western PWS. Cruised through there a few weeks ago. Beautiful area, but can't say about the fishing. I'd say go with your charts and blaze some new ground.

Default Yep

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to go and check it out myself. If it stinks I'll get back to you and relay the message... if it rocks, I'll lie about it and tell you all I went somewhere else.

I knew that place sounded familiar, but I couldn't find it on my charts at first. Spent a cold night in the bight just east of the point. Got woken up early by a bergy bit wanting to be where the boat was... Thought we had run aground.

Anyway, I've fished the moraines there once with no success. Drifted while jigging, and anchored for a while soaking bait. Never even got a nibble. I wanted to fish the shelf west of the moraines, but the wind/current wasn't cooperating. Could be fish there. We just didn't find any that day.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!