Thread: The Hoyt Vectrix

Post The Hoyt Vectrix

Thinking of buying a Hoyt vectrix anyone that have used or have this bow?

Thumbs up I've heard...

great things about it, although I have not shot it myself, all that I've read has been positive. My buddy just ordered his and he shot all the major brands and he said hands down it was the smoothest drawing bow he shot. I would shoot them all first....but I think you would be making a good choice! When you're spending that kind of ching$ on a bow, you want to be sure.

Good luck!

Thanks! I have heard good things about it too

I just got mine a couple of weeks ago Its a great bow. I was shooting a mathews before and had zero hangups about switching. (No punn intended)

Default Vectrix

I just picked up a HOYT Vulcan (80 lb'er) about a month or so ago and it shoots GREAT! I've also shot the Vectrix and its top notch as well, fast, quite, and ZERO vibration in your hand. 2-thumbs up for Hoyt and there current line of bows...

Default Bows

The new Hoyt is sweet, I have shot it, but i shoot a hoyt ultratek and it has been the best bow i have ever owned.

Default Hoyt Vectrix

I have a Hoyt Vectrix, and love it. Many people ask about the Vectrix's weight, as Hoyt does not list it. I called Hoyt, and was told the weight on the 33" model is 4lbs 6oz. That is 4.375lbs. To compare, the Mathews Switchback XT is 4.25lbs. Also, the Vectix XL weighs 2oz more than the 33" model. The bare bow does not feel heavy. A lighter bow such as the Mathews Drenalin (3.85lbs) does not absorb hand shock as well, in my opinion. I shoot a 28" draw length. I found that the Vectrix draw length at 28" is really about 27.5", and the cam is not adjustable. This info may come in useful if you are ordering a Vectrix used off ebay. Next, SPEED. The bow is fast. My 28" shot a 350 grain arrow in the high 280's. It also fired one of my hunting arrows (maybe 450 grains) in the 260s. When fired, the bow just sits in your hand...no hand shock. And, it is very, very quite. Hope this helps someone...Brian

Default Vectrix

Cost in Texas for the Vectrix was $700.
    Last edited by bmalone; 02-15-2007 at 18:08. Reason: posted 2x.

"My 28" shot a 350 grain arrow in the high 280's. It also fired one of my hunting arrows (maybe 450 grains) in the 260s."
    I should have mentioned that the draw weight was at 69lbs to get this speed.