Thread: Nancy Lakes Trail to Little-Su

Default Nancy Lakes Trail to Little-Su

I am running a group through the Nancy Lake Canoe Trail to the Little-Su River to Burma landing starting next Tuesday. Has anyone run any part of this system this year? It has been 3 years since I have been on the Canoe trail and last summer since I have been on the Little-Su. Just need a conditions update before I go.

I was just out there last weekend. Went in as far as Lynx lake. Portages are in good shape, board walks over the muddiest parts. Take your fishing poles!

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticman View Post
    I was just out there last weekend. Went in as far as Lynx lake. Portages are in good shape, board walks over the muddiest parts. Take your fishing poles!
    Thank You.

Default Excellent Trip

Returned last Friday. Excellent Trip. Trail conditions were great. The only concern is the Boardwalks between Skeetna Lake and the Little Susitna. They are need of maintanance. The wood is broken or loose in several places.

I just got back from a terrific trip out to Lynx Lake Cabin. The portages were short, with great trail conditions. I noticed a few great campsites on the way out. I was thinking about heading out there again and extending my paddling to lynx again, but this time continuing to the Little Su.

Any info about length/condition of portages, places to camp between Lynx and Little Su, or any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by soggybottom View Post
    I just got back from a terrific trip out to Lynx Lake Cabin. The portages were short, with great trail conditions. I noticed a few great campsites on the way out. I was thinking about heading out there again and extending my paddling to lynx again, but this time continuing to the Little Su.

Any info about length/condition of portages, places to camp between Lynx and Little Su, or any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
    The best place to camp between Lynx Lake and Little-Su River would be in the Skeetna Lake Public Use camping area. There are 3 tent platforms and an outhouse. The land portages from Lynx to Little-Su are longer hikes. The longest is between Skeetna Lake and Little Su. It is probably a half mile. It is difficult to find the portage as well.