Thread: Some amazing wildlife action shots

Default Some amazing wildlife action shots

Alaska wildlife at its best (not my photos). Wolf pack attacks and kills newborn moose calf, while its mother tries but can't protect it.
    http://www.alaskaphotographyblog.com...ls-moose-calf/

I know thats the way it works, but I still feel for her. Understanding how harsh Mother Nature helps motivate to keep from becoming a part, other then on top of the food chain.

What an amazing series! Thanks for sharing the link Ray!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

While there, take a look at the landscapes from that photographer. You will be impressed

That dude has some beautiful work.

I find I'm getting really soft as I age. Many years ago I switched brands of hunting gear from Remington to Nikon. Now I've gotten to the point that if find seeing scenes like these wolves pulling down the calf downright disturbing. I know, it's just nature, but as I said, I'm getting soft.

A couple of years ago I was driving the Rich early one morning. I came upon a moose calf running down the middle of the highway the same direction I was headed. I stopped about 50 yards behind the poor thing which was so tired it was slowing down and getting kind of wobbly. Wondering where mom was I looked in my rear view and here came a brown bear out of the woods on the trail of the little guy. When the bear saw my car it hit the woods but kept moving in the direction of the calf. The calf wobbled into the woods on the opposite side of the road from the bear. I backed up to where the bear was and positioned my vehicle between it and the calf. Hung around for a few minutes to try and give the little guy time to escape.

After the fact I had mixed emotions. Maybe the bear had cubs to feed, maybe the calf never hooked back up with its mom and ended up starving, maybe the bear ultimately tracked it down anyway, etc. etc.

I know nature is what it is. We shouldn't interfere. I tell you getting soft is tough
    My photo galleries: Northern Focus Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Valdez View Post
    That dude has some beautiful work.

I find I'm getting really soft as I age. Many years ago I switched brands of hunting gear from Remington to Nikon. Now I've gotten to the point that if find seeing scenes like these wolves pulling down the calf downright disturbing. I know, it's just nature, but as I said, I'm getting soft.

A couple of years ago I was driving the Rich early one morning. I came upon a moose calf running down the middle of the highway the same direction I was headed. I stopped about 50 yards behind the poor thing which was so tired it was slowing down and getting kind of wobbly. Wondering where mom was I looked in my rear view and here came a brown bear out of the woods on the trail of the little guy. When the bear saw my car it hit the woods but kept moving in the direction of the calf. The calf wobbled into the woods on the opposite side of the road from the bear. I backed up to where the bear was and positioned my vehicle between it and the calf. Hung around for a few minutes to try and give the little guy time to escape.

After the fact I had mixed emotions. Maybe the bear had cubs to feed, maybe the calf never hooked back up with its mom and ended up starving, maybe the bear ultimately tracked it down anyway, etc. etc.

I know nature is what it is. We shouldn't interfere. I tell you getting soft is tough
    I know what you mean. I have a real hard time not intervening, not in every case, but in the case of wolves in the areas I hunt moose.