Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seward Silvers yet?

Default Seward Silvers yet?

Well I thought by now someone would have said something about them by now but I have not seen anything so I have to ask, anybody picked up any out in the normal spots yet?

I know it wouldn't be "hot" yet but wondering if anybody has seen anything yet.

Thanks.
    Tony

No silvers to be seen yet, from my boat, or the docks. New this year, you can expect to see the man who checks licenses, at the dock...

Default Since no one provided an update...

I checked it out myself. Thanks for the note Nalu Rider. I hear you on the guy checking the docks for licenses. Saves on gas I guess...

I went out yesterday and besides the liquid sunshine, ocean wasn't to bad. Limited on rock fish, and kept a few cod. Oh yea, for fathers day, I figured we'd have a fish fry plus some fresh silvers for dinner tonight.

Shouldn't be too long now....
    Tony

Default Fresh silvers?

Does that mean you found some?

Default yes

just a couple though. But they tasted good...
    Tony

we got three silvers, a couple pinks, and a few jack kings out at Pony on saturday. Any day now they will be there.
    Boatless

Default Silvers

Picked up two on Sat around Ruggad Island.

Big ones and picked them up on jigs..while rock fishing.

Default Seward Silvers

2 of us fished Friday and Saturday. Got 1 jack King each day, 4 Silvers and 2 Pinks Friday, Saturday was better, 1 Jack King, 8 Silvers and 3 Pinks. But had to work for them. Once I found good bait schools, then did better. Friday the Orcas and Porpoises showed up and turned the bite off instantly where we were catching them out at the end of the Bay.

Soon they will be in good numbers, kind of slow yet, had to put my time in. But had fun!

Heidi
    26' Pursuit
    "Salmon Chaser"

Default any luck lately

Anyone have luck with silvers yet? I plan to go next week if it gets good.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default There in...

Not hot by any means but you'll catch em. We picked up a dozen in a few hours.
    Tony

Default Seward

We picked up a King just south of Rugged Island on Monday. Main motor failed so we had to give up the chase on feeding Seagulls and head back to port on kicker power. I was told that people were trying to snag kings from the dock in town.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Default Weekend report?

Any report from the weekend? Heading out tomorrow, just wondering how people did, and where they were. Thanks if you can.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Lots of fishing and spotty catching saturday, we picked up one in Pony Cove and one in Cheval Narrows, lots of radio chatter among the charter guys, don't think anyone did extremely well. Should be able to find them anywhere from Callisto Head south.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Default weather ?

been watching the marine forecast for a few days now looking for some decent weather, but the forecast has been steady bad news for gulf coast and outer Resurection Bay. Has this been peoples experience the past few days ? I only have a 20 ft jet boat so I wait for pretty decent weather patterns before making the drive ...........

Default Almost had 2

My son had one silvers on and to the boat but lost it just before netting..a buddy I had with did the same.. so we gave up and found some sea bass.. caught 5 limits in 45 minutes. First time going their.. Man them rollers will make ya sick real quick.. Caught a bunch of pacific cod too, and caught and released 1 ling cod..
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think spotty would best describe it. We got 5 one day and 7 another this weekend. The first time we were at Cheval, and the the second time we were at Calisto. There were bursts, but in general we saw about 1 fish an hour. Seemed to be shallower, around 40 feet. We tried depths from 30-110 feet. It might have been better for some, since we only were fishing two poles. I would say it is worth fishing Calisto. I also heard people were getting some at Fox Island.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

We picked up 5 silvers Saturday trolling in the Cheval Narrows & up towards Agnes while getting rocked & rolled pretty good until noon when the water laid down somewhat. Its not hot or heavy fishing, but fresh fish is a good thing. Chain Link is that your cat with the blue stripe on it that was up against Cheval Island Saturday morning?

PS - Check your registration & safety gear - the troopers were boarding everyone that was holed up on the leeward side of Cheval Island Saturday.

Default Troopers

Good point on the enforcement. I was checked last week, so they left me alone this weekend, but there was no hiding from them. I was out at the Chiswells, and someone announced on the radio that the troopers were in the area, and sure enough they came around and checked every boat in site. We then saw them later out by Granite Island by Harris Bay, and the were headed out after a large private boat (80ft+) that looked like it was going offshore towards Kodiak or beyond. They were polite, and even let us keep trolling, but you better have everything in order. They even asked to see my throwable flotation device, which is required, even if everyone on board is wearing a life vest. They checked the date on my flares as well.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Default Busted!

Troopers checked me Sunday for the 2nd time this week out near Pilot Rock. They got a little to close for the swells out there and busted the brake arm off my Scotty. Kinda put a damper on the trolliing we were planning to do later. They said they would reimburse for repairs. Dispite the setback we managed 10 silvers in about 4 hours.

Fished Thursday at Pony. 3 of us in the the boat and limited out in about 5 hours while trolling. Lots of Pinks this year. Would have limited out in 2 hours if not for sorting thru the pinks. Lots of boat out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast