Thread: Son gets his first king

Default Son gets his first king

Went to the deshka this morning got there at 0530 had to wake up my son at 0300 but he not complaining at 0624 he had is first king in the boat nice crome 25 pound hen. The funny things is I have about fifty different types of wiggly warts and years ago I found this bass lure looks somthing like a wiggly warts and thats what he got it on nobodys else even got a hit boats going not to much happening at the mike hole we were at the king hole. Sidney is only nine years old and he is becoming a very good outdoors men he makes me proud ever time we go out he knows what to do when we put the boat in the water Ive even started to teach him how to drive the boat. Just bragging about my boy hes one hell of a son and he can out fish his old man any day of the week. Sorry my buddy took pic when I get them I will post.

Great Story, good job, sounds like your very proud!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

ya he is a great kid you should have been there every I would try and net the fish he would put his tip down and the fish would go deep we must have been something to look at

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    ya he is a great kid you should have been there every I would try and net the fish he would put his tip down and the fish would go deep we must have been something to look at
    Tell him "congratulations". 1st one is the hardest one.
    Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    Went to the deshka this morning got there at 0530 had to wake up my son at 0300 but he not complaining at 0624 he had is first king in the boat nice crome 25 pound hen. The funny things is I have about fifty different types of wiggly warts and years ago I found this bass lure looks somthing like a wiggly warts and thats what he got it on nobodys else even got a hit boats going not to much happening at the mike hole we were at the king hole. Sidney is only nine years old and he is becoming a very good outdoors men he makes me proud ever time we go out he knows what to do when we put the boat in the water Ive even started to teach him how to drive the boat. Just bragging about my boy hes one hell of a son and he can out fish his old man any day of the week. Sorry my buddy took pic when I get them I will post.
    Thats AWESOME!!! Another fond moment permenantly burned into both of your memories forevery. Congrats to both of you!!!

Default Great

Good to hear he hooked up. He out fished us both last year so I am not suprised!

good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mudbuddy View Post
    Tell him "congratulations". 1st one is the hardest one.
    Great job.
    Naahhhhhh... the first one is usually the easiest one, aka "the curse"! From then on, you think fishing is ALWAYS like that, YOU are hooked, and then you are always disappointed from then on! I can't count how many times I've seen experienced fishermen go home empty handed while some newb shows up and catches a fish in 20 minutes...

Brian

PS: A big congrats to your son! I'll bet he had the biggest smile ever!