Thread: Yamaha outboard question

Default Yamaha outboard question

I recently purchased a used river sled with a F50 Yamaha. It has a console with the gauge. The gauge has 3 icons above the oil icon. A flat lined bar is flashing below the middle icon. Went to the local dealer, River and Sea Marine and asked what this meant. Can't seem to get a straight answer out of them, just bring it in. The motor runs out fine, does anyone know what th gauge is indicating? I looked online but can't seem to find the right trouble shooting link. Anyone familiar with the Gauges and specifically the icons and what they mean? I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

Is this the type of gauge you have? If so, I believe the oil indicator is for a two-stroke application (level of oil in the tank), not sure what it does when used with a four-stroke motor.
    Last edited by russiarulez; 06-17-2010 at 16:17. Reason: Found a pic of a gague.

I had a lot of gauge questions and finally came to the conclusion that only one person in the world can answer the questions correctly. He is at Yamaha's Customer Service 866-894-1626.

To save you both time, before you call, try to get the part number from the gauge and any detail you can about the front, the display, and the back.

Yes that is the gauge in question. Specifically the middle bar above the oil icon, is flashing. The mechanics at the shop seem to all have a difference of opinion, of its meaning. Sounds like good advice I will call the number suggested. I appreciate the help.

When you call ask him for printed user and service information, it will also include diagrams of the install which may be helpfull in the future when troubleshooting problems.

i believe you have to set those to work with either 2-strokes or 4
    yours might be set for a 2-stroke so it's not understanding the oil signal