Thread: Miller's Landing - Seward

Default Miller's Landing - Seward

Has anyone been by there this year? They put in a new bath house and my fear is that they had to lose a lot of trees in the process. They have a (well earned) rep for lousy customer service and run down facilities but I always go there anyway because I love being close to the beach at Lowell Point and I love the huge rain forest trees. I found one review that said they had dumped a bunch of gravel where the trees used to be and packed in a bunch more tent sights. YUCK. I'm hoping for confirmation. They make you pay in advance and never refund your money under any circumstances. It's kind of like doing business with the mafia or something, why do I keep going back?

Well, let me think about your post...ok, done. First it is not rocket science, if you do like their customer service or facilities, don't go. Kinda like saying I hate big macs, but keep going back to McDonald's and ordering one. What's wrong with tents sites? I would much rather listen to people in a tent hanging around a fire, then someone running their generator all day/night. I've gone to millers landing a bunch of times camping and fishing with charter and have never had a problem. Just my opinion. I'm hungry, think ill go grab a big mac and cut down a tree for firewood for this weekends camping trip
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Default Well...

I think she said yuck to the fact that they dumped a bunch of gravel in the pretty wooded area, not to the fact that they were tent sites. those trees are awesome, and the kids and I spent hours walking up and down that beach. But, I had a bad experience with Miller's, they completely misrepresented themselves when I made the reservations and by the time I got there it was too late and they kept sucking more money out of me just so I could get the hell out of there. But I guess business is business. And because of the area I would probably go back again too, but this time I'd have different expectations of what I was getting for the money.

Really, I have never had a problem. Maybe it was just the times I have gone. You could go to same place to eat over and over again and eventually they change cooks or something and you get burned.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.