Thread: snowmachine rifle mounting

Question snowmachine rifle mounting

Like to get ideas on mounting a rifle ( in a hard case or soft case) to my snowmachine where it is easy to get at but does not take the brunt of a machine rollover. I had a bad experience mounting a hard shell case so it rested on the running board and stuck up above my machines rear rack. Thanks, Handymanak

Default Hood mount

Uncle Mike's zippered nylon case on snow machine hood. I attach gun boot with bunjis, rope or nylon straps to four metal D rings held by short, flat nylon strap loops about 3' long.
    After putting strap in a vice, I drill a 1/4" hole through both ends. (You can also heat up an awl and melt your holes.) Loop the D ring in the nylon strap, push 1/4 " x 3/4 or 1" bolts through the holes in nylon through 1/4" holes made in hood. (Look before you drill!) Fender washers both under hood and outside of the nylon. (Next to bolt head & nylon lock nut) Set up has allowed my rifles to survive many "tip overs" and even a couple 360s over the last 15 years and three different snowmachines. My last machine had setup on each side; a "tundra double rifle".