Thread: Rubbed bears anyone?

Default Rubbed bears anyone?

Anyone else starting to get rubbed bears coming in now? I last sat at my bait sunday night and had two 5'+ boars come in with rubbed hides. The only bear with a decent hide that came in was a sow but she was small and I prefer to shoot boars as I already had a sow taken off my bait this year. I guess it is kinda late in the season though. I was hoping to get another bear to get a hide for my grandma and some more meat but not looking good...thinking of pulling out this weekend. The bear activity has been real weird this year(im in 16A), havent seen any big bears(yeah..maybe "rats" to some lol) like last year, only bears in the 5' and under range. Was hoping that the melon head from last year that never gave me a shot would come back...but luckily I havent got a visit from a grizzly yet.

Wink

Still got good hides on my camera. Just NO pattern to their movement so I can't ground-check one! I hate when this happens.

You know, I offer free food from a nice container and all I can get is inconsistent customers.

I think the brownies are finally moving down to salmon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck with the hide search. Just shoot a darn bear!

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." ;-]

Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Taylor View Post
    Still got good hides on my camera. Just NO pattern to their movement so I can't ground-check one! I hate when this happens.

You know, I offer free food from a nice container and all I can get is inconsistent customers.

I think the brownies are finally moving down to salmon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck with the hide search. Just shoot a darn bear!

"Judge not, lest ye be judged." ;-]

Taylor
    LOL, yeah them darn bears...I swear my bears have been on welfare too long. They think they can pick and choose the food I give them I have already FOB'd one boar and my cousin shot a sow. I'm happy with just those bears but never hurts to use up my tags as they expire in a few weeks. I'm glad I don't have any brownies tearing up my site. I think i'm going to pull out this weekend though, too busy lately...nice quote

As of % days ago we still have beautiful hides, and I know 3 weeks ago of one taken near me that had a rubbed hide. Im actually looking at video of the bears now. Beautiful hides dude!

Default I had rubbed bears

by May 25th. They were rubbed badly. Had a number of them come in after and all were rubbed badly. Hung it up on June 2nd. The 80 degree heat we had in mid May really killed the hides.

Yeah that crazy heat streak we had definitely didnt help. Wish I had decent hides around still...might put out some popcorn and sit for a few though and see what comes in tomorrow.

Yep, they started shedding quick this year.

Steve

Bummer, oh well, looked like it was a decent bear other than the rubs. Atleast it will get bigger and hopefully come back to visit you next season

When I shot mine it was a heatwave and then it cooled down to 77 degrees when I shot it. But The hides are still nice where Im at. I thought for sure they'd be done bu June 10th.