Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Pure PLATINUM...

  1. #1
    Member fishNphysician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Aberdeen WA
    Posts
    4,516

    Default Pure PLATINUM...

    .... but what is it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

  2. #2
    Member G_Smolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    5819'59"N 13429'49"W
    Posts
    413

    Default

    I would guess chum, but I would be guessing.

  3. #3
    Member Raptor_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    I would agree. Looks like a chum out of the salt
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I think I have to go with Toothless Sockeye.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'd need to see the caudal peduncle to be sure, but the eye looks waaaaaay small for a chum. A look at the tail fin rays and a clear view of the back would confirm it, but based on this view I'd say red.

  6. #6
    Member DRIFTER_016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Posts
    3,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    .... but what is it?

    Looks like a salmon to me Doc.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Juneau
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Looks to me like a monster sockeye.

    2nd guess would be a chum, 3rd spotless coho.

  8. #8
    Member Lake creek fishermen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Skwentna, AK
    Posts
    854

    Default

    Big ol' sockeye
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

  9. #9
    Member ak_sierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    119

    Default Hmmmm

    No doubt here, a Sockeye

  10. #10
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    325

    Default red

    would be nice to see an anal fin or caudal peduncle to be sure. But the green looking head and not-so-big pupil looks like sockeye to me.

  11. #11

    Thumbs up

    It is what's for Dinner!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  12. #12
    Member Alaskan Salmon Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    264

    Default

    I'm going to go with a Sockeye because of the blue back, head, and pupil size.

    Proudly Serving Since 1997
    The circle is complete again, finally. The force is once again balanced!
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes in regards to fishing!"

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    802

    Default He's at it again...

    I'm waiting to see the prize he's going to give away for correct identification...

    Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"


  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hartford Michigan
    Posts
    440

    Default

    I also want to be put in the drawing and say.....Sockeye.

    I hope the prize is an autogrpahed copy of Kodiak Fishing at any Angle.

  15. #15

    Default

    Chum for sure

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Soldotna AK
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Coho for sure.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Juneau, AK
    Posts
    161

    Default

    +2 for Coho. Sockeye would be my second guess. I never get these right though.
    I Wish i could change my name to Shimano, because i recently started hating Ambassdor Abu_Garcia.

  18. #18
    Member MNViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Anchorage, AK
    Posts
    746

    Default

    It's a pickeral or maybe a gar.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    172

    Default I got it!

    It's a fish!!! Or Jimmy Hoffa...dang...I don't know!!!

  20. #20
    Member B&C 04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South for Now
    Posts
    436

    Post

    It's a Silver..Now send me my Million $ prize...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •