Thread: Copper Closed for Kings

Exclamation Copper Closed for Kings

"The Chitina Subdistrict will be open from 12:01 a.m. Monday June 21 until 11:59 p.m. Sunday June 27.In addition, this emergency order closes the Chitina Subdistrict Personal Use Dip Net Salmon Fishery to the retention of king salmon for the remainder of the 2010 season. King salmon incidentally taken may not be retained and must be released immediately and returned to the water unharmed. Contact: Mark Somerville"

source: http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/EONR/...m/FA/region.R3

~tr

Default clarification

Does that mean that keeping kings from today (June 16th) through the rest of the season is prohibited? The EO doesn't specify any other dates besides the June 21 - June 27 timeframe.

Default seems straightforward

"this emergency order closes the Chitina Subdistrict Personal Use Dip Net Salmon Fishery to the retention of king salmon for the remainder of the 2010 season."

Exclamation Just called Mark Somerville..you can keep Kings until 11:59pm Sunday June 20th

He said that you can still keep Kings through the end of this weeks fishery.

So that means....you better get down there if you want to get a King!!
    Last edited by DaveInValdez; 06-16-2010 at 13:22. Reason: to add the exclamation icon

So if you're above the bridge with a "subsistance" permit you can still keep kings. Same as last year. Way to go ADFG. How bout we ALL stop catching them if there's a shortage and stop prioritizing with BS explanations of the difference between personal use and subsistance. Hats off to Chitina dipnetters assoc. for trying to get this straightened out. I'm sending in my dues.

Default The EO takes effect on June 21, 2010

So you can keep a king until the 21st. Same story as last year. Hopefully I don't have to throw 6 nice kings back like I did last year.

CubeCove

Default Comm. Gillnetters

The important thing is that the commercial gillnetters got 7813 Kings.

Default Interesting....

Both this and last year I have caught more kings then ever before. Last year I threw 8 back in two trips, and this year I let 3 go, 1 kept.

Years past I wouldn't get a king.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher